• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indynotch50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Do any of you use a gun belt? I've been looking at purchasing one and didn't know if anyone has first hand experience with a good or bad one?

Best I can tell bigfoot is the way to go???

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    I use either a wilderness or a comptac depending on the holster. The comptac is nice that it comes pre curved and has a plastic insert, but is very thick. The thickness of it is difficult to thread "raven" holsters onto it. The wilderness is nice do to infinite adjustability. A quality gun belt makes a world of difference.

indynotch50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    I'll look into those.
    I have an IWB and OWB alien gear. I tried carrying with the OWB the other day and it was impossible with my regular belt.
    I was weary about them at first but it's a necessity at this point.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    If you are looking for something thick and durable, try Safariland ... leather (not plastic). After a few times it tends to shape itself into your type of body mold. I bought mine 25 years ago for police work and it is still going strong. They also have a felt liner on most.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    another Daltech fan for life. Ordered a custom belt Sunday at 10p, it was in my mailbox on Wednesday via standard shipping. And the quality rocks.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I have Alien Gear IWB and after reading several threads on here, I took the advice of quite a few members and bought a Daltech Biobelt. It works great, has the holes spaced closer than other belts so you can get it nice and snug. I actually like it so much, I wear it every day even when not carrying.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...r-biobelt-gun-belt.html?highlight=daltech+bio

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

/thread.

This^^^^^

/thread times infinity!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I currently use a Galco belt. But I always read these threads to see what everyone uses, so when the time comes I know where to look for a replacement

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    I've discovered that I'm being gifted a belt by Relentless Tactical, for Fathers Day. 913 reviews on Amazon, five star average. I will let y'all know how it works out.

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    5-dollar Tru-Spec pro-series belt when IWB, Volund Atlas when OWB. Really, any kind of wide (1.75"+), thin belt with progressive tightening is gonna be excellent for IWB, whether or not it has a stiff core. OWB is a different beast entirely lol

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I currently have 3. I wear the mentioned Biobelt for every day, blue jean, type wear both IWB and OWB. For dress, I have a Looper (?) that I got on Amazon. It is a nice leather belt with stiffener inside the leather. Very nice. Then I also have a very old Galco instructor belt.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    There are lots of good options and you've already been given some great information. A good thick and ridgid belt will hold your gear better and last longer. This kind of belt will cost you more up front, but should save you money over the life of the belt. I own riggers belts, SOE edc belt, SOE cobra buckle belts, but always seem to prefer a good solid leather belt. Right now mean gene leather is my favorite.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I have had great results with the Galco instructors belt for EDC, but I NEVER tuck in my shirt.

If your belt is going to show, might not work for you.

Top Bottom