• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    GABE SUAREZ BLOG - STOP THE BLEEDING - THE OTHER SIDE OF COUNTER TERRORISM

You see the terrorist walk in with a rifle, and as you set down your Heineken he fires. Like a responsible adult, you ignored the sign that said "No Guns" and carried anyway, even though it was technically against the rules. You did not go there to get plastered incoherent...merely to have a beer with your steak. Knowing what to do you draw your pistol and the red dot settles on the Jihadist's ear canal. Without a word you press the trigger and the red mist on the other side of his face tells you of your success. Knowing what you know about these events and the prevalence of explosive vests, you approach and fire three more completely justified rounds into the face of the apparent dead terrorist.

Everyone is safe from the terrorist now, but around you are the screams of the wounded. You are surrounded by the dead, the dying, and the wounded. That brings us to the second mission of the counter terrorist, and that is the preservation of life...

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We the American people need to demand that real solutions be offered against active shooters and terrorists. Some ideas:

1) Until congress can pass the appropriate federal law an executive order needs to be issued that says the LTCH is good everywhere. My LTCH should be as valid as my Drivers license.

2) Gun free zones are illegal. (they have been unconstitutional for years) Even the White House.

3) Any and all gun training classes should be absolutely tax deductible. I do not favor requiring training for the right to defend ones self but training is a great idea and I say dangle a carrot.

4) The purchase of one rifle, shotgun and pistol is also tax deductible. ( only once during your life) I like carrots.

5) The laws for stolen guns need to have harsh penalties.

6) The laws of irresponsible handling or brandishing of guns needs to be tougher.

7) Homeland Security should form a volunteer force like the Minutemen of the American Revolution that could be called out in times of need when manpower was limited.

We cannot control if a terrorist strikes but we can put him in contact with his newly won virgins faster.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    We the American people need to demand that real solutions be offered against active shooters and terrorists. Some ideas:

1) Until congress can pass the appropriate federal law an executive order needs to be issued that says the LTCH is good everywhere. My LTCH should be as valid as my Drivers license.

2) Gun free zones are illegal. (they have been unconstitutional for years) Even the White House.

3) Any and all gun training classes should be absolutely tax deductible. I do not favor requiring training for the right to defend ones self but training is a great idea and I say dangle a carrot.

4) The purchase of one rifle, shotgun and pistol is also tax deductible. ( only once during your life) I like carrots.

6) The laws of irresponsible handling or brandishing of guns needs to be tougher.

7) Homeland Security should form a volunteer force like the Minutemen of the American Revolution that could be called out in times of need when manpower was limited.

We cannot control if a terrorist strikes but we can put him in contact with his newly won virgins faster.
    May his virgins be apes

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

The price of firearms in the US is already pretty law compared to other countries, including taxes.
    In Europe a US made gun can be about twice the US price, including 20% in tax.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    Apes? Gorillas? I thought it would be virgin goats.....

1480575_642681219120549_1717745952387650444_n_zpshzearmil.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    :hijack: This thread seems to be intended to encourage folks to have some kind of medical supplies with them. Why, yes I do.

Let's not forget medical training, the most important thing of all.
    I try to always have some first aid supply but let's be honest it's not always possible especially during the summer when you don't have a jacket full of pockets.
    You knowledge is always with you, even if you left your trauma kit in your car.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Let's not forget medical training, the most important thing of all.
    I try to always have some first aid supply but let's be honest it's not always possible especially during the summer when you don't have a jacket full of pockets.
    You knowledge is always with you, even if you left your trauma kit in your car.

A basic CPR class is a great way to start. Take them often and get a lot of practice. It is easy to forget or assume you will know if or when the yime comes to use what you've learned.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    A basic CPR class is a great way to start. Take them often and get a lot of practice. It is easy to forget or assume you will know if or when the yime comes to use what you've learned.

Yep, plus those classes cover way more things than just bleeding control.
    Things that you are WAY more likely to use that gunshot treatment after a terrorist attack.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Yup. And if you need bandages, the victim has clothes on. Cut them off and use them to patch wounds. "What? They're your carharrts? Are they worth your life?"

For the same reason we carry, we should know how to use a fire extinguisher and basic first aid.

At a minimum, we should all be able to bandage wounds and know what to do and what not to do with impaled objects. :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yup. And if you need bandages, the victim has clothes on. Cut them off and use them to patch wounds. "What? They're your carharrts? Are they worth your life?"

For the same reason we carry, we should know how to use a fire extinguisher and basic first aid.

At a minimum, we should all be able to bandage wounds and know what to do and what not to do with impaled objects. :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

:yesway:

A pocket knife or a pair of shears is one of the best tools you can have to treat lots of victim at a mass shooting IMO.
    That a maybe a pair of nitrile gloves, it takes no room at all in any jeans pocket.

It's also good to look around and see what you could use (bed sheets, tablecloth, napkins, towels, blankets etc ...).
    Kinda like getting into the habit of scanning the room for potential improvised weapons, but for first aid.

Of course it's also good to have some commercial grade stuff like tourniquets that are tougher to make quickly.
    But you will never have enough of your own gear if you have multiple victims anyway.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Train and equip yourself to be your own first responder. That includes the necessary arms as a means of defense and at least the bare minimal medical necessities that you can realistically carry and or the know how to improvise if needed to do so as mentioned previously.

Be prepared. (lifted from the Boy Scouts motto)

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    GABE SUAREZ BLOG - STOP THE BLEEDING - THE OTHER SIDE OF COUNTER TERRORISM

You see the terrorist walk in with a rifle, and as you set down your Heineken he fires. Like a responsible adult, you ignored the sign that said "No Guns" and carried anyway, even though it was technically against the rules. You did not go there to get plastered incoherent...merely to have a beer with your steak. Knowing what to do you draw your pistol and the red dot settles on the Jihadist's ear canal. Without a word you press the trigger and the red mist on the other side of his face tells you of your success. Knowing what you know about these events and the prevalence of explosive vests, you approach and fire three more completely justified rounds into the face of the apparent dead terrorist.

Everyone is safe from the terrorist now, but around you are the screams of the wounded. You are surrounded by the dead, the dying, and the wounded. That brings us to the second mission of the counter terrorist, and that is the preservation of life...

I always have an IBD, tourniquet, gorilla tape, and cutting tools on my person. I know how and when to use them properly (and not just on myself).

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have taken the Red Cross classes, CPR, First responder, etc many times over the years. I routinely carry and have been practicing my firearms skills for going on 50 years. I think that is a step to being a good citizen and defender of righteousness for my country.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I know, I know, TV and movies are not realistic, but has anyone else noticed that when your partner id bleeding out you just stand there and watch or cradle them in your arms and wait for them to die.

My wife gets ticked at me for screen yelling at them to preform first aid, and telling her that they could have been saved.

Top Bottom