• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My gf has applied for her LTCH. She paid the state, got fingerprinted electronically, and this week paid the local fee to the PD. But we checked online and it shows her status as Pending Local Approval. And the description of that says she needs to pay the local fee and it will be transmitted to the state. Is that normal? Just a generic message? I want to make sure this goes smoothly for her.

Thanks!

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    First in with "they're doing away" with lifetime LTCH.
    I would imagine that the local PD hasn't cashed the check yet.
    Don't worry till month #9 lol

rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Thanks! I figured this much, but if I need to be proactive about it, I wanted to know.

rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    ***update***

GF called. The application is waiting for the chief to sign off since last Tuesday, they claim 1-2 days. Meanwhile the deadline for her to complete her application (even though she paid) continues to get closer. I had to wait 2 weeks to meet with the police chief back when I applied, looks like it sucks to live in Carmel and want a LTCH...

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    I had the same thing happen to me. I had submitted my information and 10 days later it still showed that it was pending local approval so I called the local PD and they explained that they do a background check and other searches and then the Chief of Police signs off on it. In total it took 20 days from the time I gave them the money and information to when they transmitted it to ISP. I got my lifetime in the mail today all together 26 days from beginning to end.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    ***update***

GF called. The application is waiting for the chief to sign off since last Tuesday, they claim 1-2 days. Meanwhile the deadline for her to complete her application (even though she paid) continues to get closer. I had to wait 2 weeks to meet with the police chief back when I applied, looks like it sucks to live in Carmel and want a LTCH...

What did you have to meet with the Chief for?

rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I had to meet because the Chief sad so duh. It was the old policy they had and clearly people had enough of that ****. I had several friends who all had to wait 1-3 weeks to just meet the chief in order to pay the local fee. And all we did was sit down for 10 minutes and tell me not to carry in elementary schools. Nice guy, but it was complete bull****. As an update, it shows pending ISP approval for my GF today. So it only took them 10 days...

Top Bottom