• Legba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    NE Indiana
    As of April 5th 2008....

Honors Indiana Permit:
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming

Indiana Permit Not Honored:
    California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, District of Columbia

Indiana Resident Permits Only:
    Colorado, Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire

source- Handgunlaw.us

Last edited by a moderator:

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    So... 'Indiana Resident Permits Only" means you have to be a resident of Indiana for them to honor your permit... and not say a citizen of another state (For example someone in Ohio, with a Florida permit so they can CC) right?

Legba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Correct. If you have a Indiana permit to carry then you must be a resident of Indiana to carry there. Looks like CO, MI, and FL are this way with alot of the states.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Correct. If you have a Indiana permit to carry then you must be a resident of Indiana to carry there. Looks like CO, MI, and FL are this way with alot of the states.

That just makes me happy that I can carry in FL :) As my brother and I were just talking Friday on how we need to check to see if we can carry down to the timeshare in June.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Yep. CO, FL, KS, MI, NH, SC, and WV only recognize resident permits for any of the states they recognize. Of those seven, only KS, SC, and WV do not recognize ours.

Blessings,
    B

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Too bad I live in Lake County, ten minutes from Illinois, and I can't carry. Their laws are stupid when it comes to the carry and ownership issues. I like Mayor Daley, but I think he is wrong when it comes to the firearms issues.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Too bad I live in Lake County, ten minutes from Illinois, and I can't carry. Their laws are stupid when it comes to the carry and ownership issues. I like Mayor Daley, but I think he is wrong when it comes to the firearms issues.

Clarify, please? Do you mean you can't carry even at home in Lake County (Indiana, right?) or do you mean only that you can't carry in IL?

Also, specifically what is it you like about Daley?

Blessings,
    B

FattRed1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pendleton
    What kind of open carry laws do you want exactly? In Indiana, if you have a valid LTCH, you can legally carry openly or concealed anywhere you can legally carry -- it's entirely your choice.

Yeah, figured that out. Four years of having that thing and never knew I could openly carry.

*runs to go get his FOBUS holster out of his foot locker*

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Ohio

Funny that Indiana honors Ohio residents CC but Ohio does not honor ours?:ar15:

Indiana Permit Not Honored:
    California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, District of Columbia

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What kind of open carry laws do you want exactly? In Indiana, if you have a valid LTCH, you can legally carry openly or concealed anywhere you can legally carry -- it's entirely your choice.

How about similar to those of eleven other states, which do not restrict OC to those holding any type of "permit" at all. In AK, AZ, ID, KY, MT, NV, NM, SD, VT, VA, and WY, open carry is unrestricted in that as long as you may legally own it, you may legally carry it openly. In addition, even CA and IL permit open carry in rural areas, though I am unclear whether this is with permit or not.

Thirteen states including IN allow OC only with a permit (or license, as the case may be): CT, GA, HI, IN, IA, MD, MA, MN, MS, NJ, ND, RI, TN, and UT.

Only AR, FL, NY, OK, SC, and TX do not allow OC at all. The other states are referred to on OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost! (the source of this info) as "anomalous OC states".

Blessings,
    B

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Has anyone heard about them getting rid of the LTC permits soon?

There is no current or pending legislation in the Indiana Legislature to revoke or change the issuance of the lifetime (or even the 4 year) LTCH. Anyone that tells you otherwise is either lying or doesn't know what they're talking about. Please ask them to cite the Bill that proposes this.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    My local gun dealer says a state trooper buddy of his told him that they have heard that the life time license may be discontinued soon. It was enacted to raise funds on the short term but it is going to cost money in the long run..

There is no current or pending legislation in the Indiana Legislature to revoke or change the issuance of the lifetime (or even the 4 year) LTCH. Anyone that tells you otherwise is either lying or doesn't know what they're talking about. Please ask them to cite the Bill that proposes this.

I asked him about this and he said the act authorized the lifetime permits but did not mandate them.

Top Bottom