• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    An excellent response to a question we hear oh so often.

ASK THE SHERIFF: Reason vs. Force: Why the gun is civilization | Local News | goshennews.com

“When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation … and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act.”

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wear a gun, cause it allows me to put up a better fight. Carrying a gun isn't a civilized act. It is an act that will civilize those that wish to do you harm.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Well put.

There are those out there in the world that are frightened by such freedom and independence. I don't understand them any more than they understand me.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There are those out there in the world that are frightened by such freedom and independence. I don't understand them any more than they understand me.

That's a nice quote with a broader application than this particular topic. Very insightful.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Superb!

And it's a good portion of the reason why bureaucrats and tyrants want to remove civilian guns from the equation - doing so returns civilization to the ordered-but-primal meritocracy those with ruling ambitions have long worked so hard to establish.

Although I agree with what I think you are trying to say, before using big words you might want to know what they mean.

From dictionary.com, Meritocracy = an elite group of people whose progress is based on ability and talent rather than on class privilege or wealth

Are you opposed to progress based on ability and talent?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Great post, thanks for sharing!

Is the author of the second link this guy?

https://smile.amazon.com/Marko-Kloos/e/B00BUVDP8M/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1477822105&sr=1-2-ent

If so, I've read some of his books and find him to be a decent author. Was just curious.

This is what I've found on his older blog

about. ¶ the munchkin wrangler.
    Marko Kloos is a novelist and unpaid manservant to two small children. He is a graduate of the Viable Paradise SF/F Writers’ Workshop.
    Marko writes primarily science fiction and fantasy. He has been getting his genre fix at the library ever since he was old enough for his first library card. In the past, he has been a soldier, a bookseller, a freight dock worker, a tech support drone, and a corporate IT administrator.
    Born and raised in Germany, Marko now lives in New Hampshire with his wife and two children. Their compound, Castle Frostbite, is patrolled by a roving pack of dachshunds.

From Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/entity/Ma...r_tc_2_0&qid=1477822105&sr=1-2-ent&pldnSite=1

Marko Kloos was born and raised in Germany, in and around the city of Münster. In the past, he has been a soldier, bookseller, freight dock worker, and corporate IT administrator before he decided that he wasn’t cut out for anything other than making stuff up for a living.

Marko writes primarily science fiction and fantasy, his first genre love ever since his youth when he spent his allowance mostly on German SF pulp serials. He likes bookstores, kind people, October in New England, Scotch, and long walks on the beach with Scotch.

I'd say there's a good chance he's the same.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Nice, thanks guys. I had no idea he was a supporter of the second amendment. Now I want to see if there are any books of his I haven't read, so I can buy them to show my support :yesway:

JoeG1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    Greenwood
    great way to put it! For me there is a certain amount of satisfaction knowing I have all the necessary tools to protect myself, my family, and possibly you and yours.

Top Bottom