• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nicr1991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how best to concealed carry without having to worry too much about the gun showing and without wearing super baggy clothes. I'm a slim guy and absolutely detest wearing baggy unfitted clothes. Does anyone have any suggestions? I already have a slim single stack pistol. I'm looking for suggestions on holsters, carry location, etc.

Thanks!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If you go IWB you will have to wear pants that have enough room in the waste to accommodate the extra width of the gun. No real way around it. A good sturdy belt is also a must have. Otherwise your best bet is to simply wear the gun in an OWB pancake style holster that rides high a tight to the body. This will require an untucked shirt or some sort of cover garment.

Another option might be to try appendix carry. With tight fitting clothing it might hide better in front of the body.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I'm 6'1" and will sometimes wear a S&W Shield AIWB. The thing disappears with minimal chances of being spotted. Generally though, I'll just keep a S&W M&P9c in an IWB holster at 5 o'clock and an untucked button down shirt over it. Also has minimal chances of being spotted.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I sense a man bun wearing millennial that wears skinny jeans. GET HIM BOYS!!!!!!

:laugh:

I too prefer a clean, tight polished look whenever possible. But I gave up my athletic fit polos when I started carrying. Want to really look sharp and carry? two words: Sport coat. (or is it one? :scratch:)

Its possible to not go full on slob and still have enough room to conceal, as long as you dont care about printing. Nobody will notice a small bulge, and if they do, they'll assume you have a new fangled phone on a belt holster. :dunno:

I'm 5'9 150 and can conceal a G19 easily without looking like a hot mess. Its easier than you think with the right tools.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bell Bottoms work great with ankle holsters. :):

OP what pistol are you wanting to conceal? Do you have a preference in where the gun is positioned? Are you required to wear your shirt tucked or untucked?

They call them "boot cut" now ya damned hippie. :):

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I like baggy clothes so I guess I can't help.

I miss Bell Bottoms myself. Would have bought a bunch of them when they were around had I known they would go away. :)

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I am 6'1" and 135lbs and carry a taurus pt709 aiwb in a mdj holster with my shirt tucked in. And im in all kinds of funky welder positions and only the folks i tell know. I also have a naa mini in my pocket but thats never my main gun.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Just let your shirt tail cover your gun instead of tucking it behind the holster like you might with open carry.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Lose the skinny jeans.

THIS!

When I was wearing suits for work, I took the time to have the coat tailored while wearing my carry rig. A good, or at least competent, tailor can do wonders.

If you still insist on your sense of fashion, not a dig but a statement, to dictate your clothing and carry, get a man purse and off body carry.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Also practice and become comfortable with your weapon on your body. You could have an invisible gun but if you touch it and adjust it every five minutes it will become obvious you are carrying. A good belt will keep it in place so you don't have to constantly adjust its position. A good holster will retain it so you don't have to check that your gun is still there.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Some tuckable IWB holsters pretty much disappear with a tucked shirt unless it's super tight.

I carry a Walther PPS every work day In this manner. Of course my polo shirts aren't exactly athletic fit. But in almost 3 months since the company merger and policy changes nobody has noticed. Those that do know I have a gun don't care. All of those guys are pocket carrying or ankle carrying revolvers and micro .380s.

Just let your shirt tail cover your gun instead of tucking it behind the holster like you might with open carry.

Yuck! Sloppy open carry! If you are going to untuck your shirt to cover your gun then cover it. If you are going to open carry then tuck it in. Nothing worse then reaching for your gun and getting a handful of shirt. Only reason to tuck a shirt behind the holster is to keep the grips from rubbing your love handles while mowing grass. Doesn't sound like the OP has that type of physique.

Top Bottom