• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    What the h**l is up with this? To get a duplicate or the new plastic LTCH you have to provide your application number, not your license number, but the application number!! Why wouldn't the ISP be able to use your license number? Do they not have the license number tied to the application number? If a LEO runs your LTCH number, do they not get the necessary info on you?

This is just another example of government idiocy placing unnecessary obstacles in our way to cause frustration, higher costs, and disinterest. To simplify this, why isn't the application number the license number? How many of you have kept your application from 5 or 10 years ago? You may need it someday.

Sorry about the rant, wife unit lost her purse last week and we have to get duplicate lifetime. I suppose if we can't find the application from 7 years ago she will have to apply for a new one at $125 plus web service fees (whatever they are as they are not specified). Think I will push this subject to Rep. Bob Cherry.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I applied for a replacement to get the new plastic version as my old laminated one had reached the end of its life and I wasn't smart enough to make copies when I had the chance. I used my license number IIRC. Didn't have an issue.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    What the h**l is up with this? To get a duplicate or the new plastic LTCH you have to provide your application number, not your license number, but the application number!! Why wouldn't the ISP be able to use your license number? Do they not have the license number tied to the application number? If a LEO runs your LTCH number, do they not get the necessary info on you?

This is just another example of government idiocy placing unnecessary obstacles in our way to cause frustration, higher costs, and disinterest. To simplify this, why isn't the application number the license number? How many of you have kept your application from 5 or 10 years ago? You may need it someday.

Sorry about the rant, wife unit lost her purse last week and we have to get duplicate lifetime. I suppose if we can't find the application from 7 years ago she will have to apply for a new one at $125 plus web service fees (whatever they are as they are not specified). Think I will push this subject to Rep. Bob Cherry.

You shouldn't have to do that. IIRC there is a place to look it up in the same section where you apply online.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    No.. not when it asks for an application number when it really wants your License # I just went through the process on mine and if you don't have your license #, you CANNOT use the # on your original application. If you have your lic # and complete your info and save it, it will go to a login page where an application # is now prefilled and you login with your recently created password. So... it creates an application # for the new request and you now have an "application" #. Directions are very poor for someone that has lost a lic.

Last edited:

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...23454-any-way-pull-up-ltch-2.html#post6856886

From that post, a quote if you will.

"About two or three weeks ago I updated both my wife's and my address, (LTCH) and requested (cost $20 for new card), new cards. I did it on line at in.gov/isp. It requested our application numbers which is different than the actual permit number, which I didn't/don't have. I suffer short term memory problems so therefore I cannot explain the exact process, but there is a work around right there on the online site. Just a few extra steps and it was done, we received our new cards within about 10 days. If I can do it anybody can.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

No.. not when it asks for an application number when it really wants your License # I just went through the process on mine and if you don't have your license #, you CANNOT use the # on your original application. If you have your lic # and complete your info and save it, it will go to a login page where anapplication # is now prefilled and you login with your recently created password. So...it creates an application # for the new request and you now have an "application" #. Directions are very poor for someone that has lost a lic.

After my 4-year license expired, I decided to renew with the lifetime. I did it with this system not long after Indiana started using it. As I recall, it was easy enough to renew, but the workflow was not the most intuitive. I think they could have done a better job with that.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I have been on every page of the ISP license site and read every FAQ and I have found no way to access or search for your current license #. If you do not have your current license number, you cannot apply for a duplicate license. If anyone has a specific path to follow on the web page where you do not know your current license number, let me know. My wife is going to local SD to see if they can run her DL number (which was also lost, and now replaced by BMV) and come up with her LTCH #. If not, I will have her contact ISP directly to see if they can do the job.

I want to thank everyone for their input on this, you have been helpful, and please forgive me if I have been overly frustrated.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Ok, wife unit went to local SD and got her original "application" number (which is not the number on the original pink paperwork) and a license #. The license # was the prior license # and would not work on the ISP web site, but the app # she was given worked. SO if your license is lost or stolen and you do not have the numbers, just go to your local LE office, this is the only way to recover the info if you do not have a copy. This is information that should be posted right up front on the Duplicate web page. Finally got everything worked out and moving forward.

CMB69

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy
    About a year ago my wallet, and LTCH, were stolen. Did not have the number recorded.
    I used the phone number on the Contact Firearms Licensing page. Had to explain the situation, and give enough info to convince the person I was legit. The license number was given to me over the phone, I completed the application.

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    You simply click the "create new account" button, enter your license #, then it looks up your application number. Pay your $21.64 and done.

Top Bottom