• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They say statistics show many gun owners are killed with their own weapons.

This line is in every article (it seems) about this bill. Does no one use logic when considering this line? This bill has nothing to do with buying or ownership of guns...only that a person with a PO can legally take the gun they already own off of their property.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That could be true if you count suicides, negligent shootings, and the occasional bad guy getting your gun. A statistic saying "many" is not really a statistic as much as it is a general statement. You could call 20% "many" if you wanted to. He does not say a majority and he does not quote a percentage.

Typical spinsters.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Well, they've been calling for "common sense." The IN house just smacked them upside the head with some and they don't like it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I see no one from WANE would put there name on this flaming bag of dog ****. "Democrats say..." My question would be WHO?? FDR?? JFK?? LBJ?? If it's the old snake-oil salesman Charlie Brown use his name. Define "reasonable". Anything that gets them re-elected... Maybe if the "staff" at WANE had reasonable restrictions including being licensed to exercise their 1st amendment right they'd have a different view on what is reasonable and what is not. Rant over.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I have heard Guy Relford speak about this bill many times on his show.....no where in this article does any of the truth make itself known. The bill (as I understand it) would allow domestic violence victims the opportunity to carry a handgun off their property WHILE they're LTCH application is being processed. The bill to get rid of the licensing (or carry without a license) didn't make it out of committee again. These are two different bills being touted as one big one.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A basic argument of gun control: Somehow the bad guys always know how to use their guns for evil, but the average citizen can never be trusted to use theirs for good.

BTW there is a poll about this bill at the link, so go vote on it.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    And the type of report that I've (and others) have argued w/ some "reporter" (via FaceButt) that this is misleading and they come back w/ "it's the readers job to go look up the language - nothing here is false" ... UGH.

Top Bottom