• Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Raven makes GREAT mag pouches.

Myself, however...I'm not a fan of the doubles. They take up a lot of real estate.

My EDC, though, is a Blackhawk pouch. I've got 2 for my Shield and I've got 2 for my FS. I also have 1 or 2 Raven single mag pouches for the FS.

The blackhawks are NOT low profile, however.

I know a lot of people are quite happy with the Comptac mag pouches, too. Single Magazine Pouch Belt Clip | Accessory | Comp-Tac

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Raven makes GREAT mag pouches.

Myself, however...I'm not a fan of the doubles. They take up a lot of real estate.

My EDC, though, is a Blackhawk pouch. I've got 2 for my Shield and I've got 2 for my FS. I also have 1 or 2 Raven single mag pouches for the FS.

The blackhawks are NOT low profile, however.

I know a lot of people are quite happy with the Comptac mag pouches, too. Single Magazine Pouch Belt Clip | Accessory | Comp-Tac
    I'm not a big fan of doubles, but I want a double so I can have 2 extra mags during a class.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm not a big fan of doubles, but I want a double so I can have 2 extra mags during a class.

Understandable.

I did forget one that have. A generic belt-mount Fobus. I bought it strictly for class use. But the last few classes I've taken, I've just used the 2 single blackhawk ones + another mag or two in pockets. I'd re-stock the mag holster after strings of fire.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I also use the Blackhawk singles. As Tactically Fat mentioned they are fairly bulky, especially the double stacked mag version.

They work great for classes when concealment isn't a priority. For CC they can make it look like you have a brick on your belt.

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    Plus 3(?) on the comp tac for the single. Nice and close to the body compared to my blackhawk! one. I do have a desantis leather double pouch but it's gigantic, I've never actually used it. I'd actually consider just using 2 comptacs tbh.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I just use a Blackhawk double. I can use it for both my usual Glock 19 or my occasional carry Glock 20. Just crank out the tension screw.

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    G-Code makes some pretty great products. If you are wanting to use it for a Glock magazine, Guncraft has a single that is great! They can be used as IWB or OWB.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've used a few brands including custom Kydex and keep going back to G Code Scorpion soft shell. The only thing is you can't snug them up right next to each other. What I really like is the adjustable retention and they stay open so you can stow a partially empty mag quickly.

gunman45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    indianapolis
    I just ordered a single mag pouch from Black Rhino Concealment. You can get them for IWB or OWB and they don't take up a lot of room like some of the others I've looked at. Also, all their products are made here in the U.S and they are veteran owned and operated.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom