• Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Y'all staying at the resort next door?

Even if you're not, you owe it to yourself to visit the place. It's enormous. And beautiful. And you can go on a boat-ride inside the building. There are like over 10 restaurants in there, too.

The shopping mall across the parking lot is also quite neat. There's an Aquarium Restaurant there AND a Rainforest Cafe. Both are pretty cool places.

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    During the NRA Convention, downtown locations hung large Gadsden flags out the windows but had no firearms signs on the doors.
    not a gun friendly town IMHO.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    We went a few years ago. I honestly can't remember what the gun situation was.

I've always enjoyed going there though.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Y'all staying at the resort next door?

Even if you're not, you owe it to yourself to visit the place. It's enormous. And beautiful. And you can go on a boat-ride inside the building. There are like over 10 restaurants in there, too.

The shopping mall across the parking lot is also quite neat. There's an Aquarium Restaurant there AND a Rainforest Cafe. Both are pretty cool places.

We stayed at the Opryland Hotel on one of our trips. It is pretty cool.

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    The wife says we're are staying at the Gaylord! Thanks for your help. The Q&A page for the Opry states no firearms allowed!

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Signs do indeed carry weight of law in TN, and they had it posted at the Opry when I was there last year.

Some people advocate ignoring the law since it is only a misdemeanor charge, versus your life if you need the gun and don't have it. It is the law however, so it might be best to just carry a good knife?

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    Was there with the wife last year. They had an obnoxiously large sign saying "no firearms and this applies to licensed carry" or something to that effect. Signs carry weight of law in TN.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Eat at Chuy's if you like texmex food. Its my favorite. I just ate at that location last month actually.

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    Back from your trip. Stayed at Gaylord resort there at the Opry quite the place! We did have to walk through A metal detector at the Opry show!I had left my knife and gun at room in A safe. I did carry ever place else no problem.

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    We ate on site at steakhouse. $43 for A filet. Probably one of the best steakI have ever had! Well I guess could have been the shots of Paton I had before. Hh!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Eat at Chuy's if you like texmex food. Its my favorite. I just ate at that location last month actually.
    We love that place! Did you know there's one in Clarksville, just off I65 at veterans pkwy? I knew they were a chain, but not sure just how many stores they have. (In case you were driving to Nashville just to eat there:):)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Was there with the wife last year. They had an obnoxiously large sign saying "no firearms and this applies to licensed carry" or something to that effect. Signs carry weight of law in TN.
    I'm thinking for the sign to be inforcable, it has to be worded a specific way, and include the actual Tennessee code, but I might be misremembering.

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    Yes similar to airport. Had to empty pockets in plastic bowl and walk through! We're able to leave belt and shoes on
    The machine did catch my wife's new knee.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Back from your trip. Stayed at Gaylord resort there at the Opry quite the place! We did have to walk through A metal detector at the Opry show!I had left my knife and gun at room in A safe. I did carry ever place else no problem.

This mirrors my experience, I was there over the summer on a work thing. At dinner our boss surprised us with tickets to go see Dirks Bentley. I had to make an excuse to go back to the hotel and ditch my pistol... I had to empty my pockets but for some reason I remember a wand and not going through a stand up detector, but all the same there was one present in some form or another I do remember that.

Top Bottom