• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    NPR has no idea what "stand your ground" means but because NRA, black people facing discrimination in exercising rights, so you black people don't do that and "ick, that gun could be used to buy an environmentally correct stroller for my 0.8 child", it is bad.

Wouldn't it be nice for NPR to hire people that had the slightest idea what they were writing about. It's like this woman wrote about a Pakistani love poem without understanding Urdu.

This is a word salad, but we must know what we are fighting:

Stand Your Ground Laws Complicate Matters For Black Gun Owners : Code Switch : NPR

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    WOW! Introductory paragraph, main point, supporting points, transition, next main point, supporting points, transition, closing paragraph where you cover the main points again. That is NOT what I just read. Holy crap what was that??

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I feel confused and need to break out my TENS unit to treat the whiplash I got jumping around from paragraph to paragraph.

Wow.

Iurobz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    That's funny, because until the last paragraph, I felt like it was saying gun control is based in discrimination and AAs are starting to see past that and embrace responsible ownership. Maybe I need to read it again.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    On the Minnesota NPR website they have the link to send them corrections or comments about articles. I sent them several pieces by Andrew Blanca showing the total bogusity of the Tampa Bay "study" they reference here.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    That's funny, because until the last paragraph, I felt like it was saying gun control is based in discrimination and AAs are starting to see past that and embrace responsible ownership. Maybe I need to read it again.

Thats what I got from it too... guess I'm confused.

On the Minnesota NPR website they have the link to send them corrections or comments about articles. I sent them several pieces by Andrew Blanca showing the total bogusity of the Tampa Bay "study" they reference here.

Do you by chance have a link? I'm interested to read these.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They used guns on a recreational basis, not for what Light calls "do-it-yourself self-defense."

My mind paused and sputtered like a cd with a scratch at this statement.

The article is a call for normalization of POC carry.

Nearly every security guard in NWI businesses ia a POC. I am sure most carry when off duty and that doesn't bother me at all.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    After reading that so called "article" only one thing comes to mind.

[video=youtube;LQCU36pkH7c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c[/video]

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    They are attempting to use "disparate impact" reasoning as an avenue of attack against stand-your-ground.

The only "problem" (quote-unquote) I see for black gun owners in stand-your-ground, is are they willing to denounce "disparate impact" reasoning to protect their firearm self-defense rights? Given that it's become such a cherished cornerstone of civil rights law in other areas, such as voter ID laws, etc.?

I'd be interested to hear someone argue how "disparate impact" stinks when applied to gun laws...but is still the kosher gold standard for most other black civil rights issues that keep civil rights lawyers employed.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Brainless NPR writer, when seeing black guy legally carrying: Ah! Run for your lives!
    Me: Pay no attention to that ditz. Thumbs up, and way to take responsibility for yourself.

Top Bottom