• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    So over the weekend, punk teenagers made their rounds egging houses, dumping trash on cars, jamming stolen American flags in some one's gas tank and just causing all sorts of mischief. This all happened in a descent neighborhood in Greenwood. There is an App called Next Door, which is basically a social media app for your neighborhood. Because of all this I am buying some video security cameras.

On a separate note, 20 something punks regularly fly down our street. One almost hit my 2 year old son as we were walking. I would use the side walk, and I do most of the time, but too many people block the side walk with their cars, forcing us to walk in the street.

Anyway, we all filed online reports with GPD requesting extra patrols. Then the conversation turned to what can we do. Take pictures, get license plates, descriptions etc. Then someone suggested shooting them with a paintball gun.

Then this morning I was discussing the issue at church and said something to the effect of "what can you do?" The someone else suggested shooting them with a paintball gun.

Is this a thing? Are people out there shooting punk teenagers and cars of 20 somethings with paintballs??

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    The Japanese do this in lieu of high speed chases. They'll tag a car that's speeding and just find it later.

I reckon it'd work pretty well on your street, especially if several neighbors are involved. What's the punk kid going to do? "Hey officer, I'd like to file a complaint because some geezer shot my ride with paintballs. I wasn't speeding, I swear."

Attrition would probably win out on this one. They'll get tired of cleaning paint off their vehicles. Although, you being the person that shoots them sets you up for retribution of the egging/TP variety, not to mention what if one of them crashes because you shot at them while driving?

Perhaps working to get the people blocking the sidewalks (in violation of the law) to park better would fix your issue with less headaches.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    One word.....Claymores....:):

Seriously, I would think that you are setting yourself up for charges shooting them with a paintball...Call the Cops, get plate numbers.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Shoot car with paintball gun.

Idiot driver overreacts swerves off street.

Hits & kills three (3) kids.

See a problem?

What we want to do v/s what we should do are often not the same.

Perhaps a video and a method of determining speed on the video for LE?

Regards,

Doug

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    With youths today, shoot their cars with paintballs, they turn around and shoot at you with 9mm.

Call the police, as many times as needed.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    If someone was to pull and point what looked like a gun towards me, I am going to defend myself against harm. You see where this could go? Not a good place. Call police, setup video cameras, take pictures. Less likely to get some innocents hurt or killed.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Ok so what about waiting until the car is stopped before shooting? Probably still bad.

But what about the egg tossers? They won't ever off and hurt anything. Try explaining that to your parents why you're covered in paint.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Even though they are asshats your paintball gun is very likely to cause dents. So best case scenario you are on the hook for property damage.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Take out an eye and you won't have to worry about the neighborhood, as they'll own your house after Kenny Nunn gets done with you.

Even if you escape injuring the punks, do you want to have to worry about retaliation after you've fanned the flames and flagged your house? Maybe you'll get lucky and just educate the punks that paintball guns are cool? How much damage will a paintball gun do to siding and windows? Or your Sunday Vette?

HD security cams and motion lights are your friends. Strategically placed trail cams to go along with them might be of use also. Identify the problems and pass along to let the authorities do their jobs.

Top Bottom