• ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Good shoot!
    Hold up now. (Pardon the pun.)

We don't know if there was some bizarre love triangle going on that led up to this.

(Brief note, not critique, in the vein of an AAR: check out the full second or more that it took the guard to process what was happening, he then reacted decisively; Doogie McRobber was shot in the butt, which is not great. Absolutely not saying it was a bad shoot, just observing.)

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    No real cover available at all there... glad that the BG didn't just start popping rounds through that teller station. Deflection and all that aside, there is no way the bullets would all be stopped.

Took the guard a second to adjust, but he didn't just drop to the floor and hope it all ended well. He has either had some past training/ experience or he did very well under pressure in my opinion.

I would think that while the BG is still in the bank he is fair game unless he disarmed and proned out.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    No real cover available at all there... glad that the BG didn't just start popping rounds through that teller station. Deflection and all that aside, there is no way the bullets would all be stopped.

Took the guard a second to adjust, but he didn't just drop to the floor and hope it all ended well. He has either had some past training/ experience or he did very well under pressure in my opinion.

I would think that while the BG is still in the bank he is fair game unless he disarmed and proned out.

Actually, I used to work for a company that made fixtures for banks, and most incorporate ballistic panels. Those may have been better cover than you think!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    If you notice it looks like the lady realizes right of way what is happening and runs for cover in a room, wonder if she even had time to say anything to co-workers? That SG has to have a past in military/LE....he was Joe Kool. If you notice though, it almost looks like his gun malfunctioned right before he shot the guy in the buttocks/back....do you guys notice how it looks like he grabs the slide or something (@ 23 second mark)? You can tell that SG was trained by the way he first checks lobby to make sure it's clear, than he puts the kiosk between him and the door. Either that wasnt his first rodeo, or he was well trained.....other than it looks like he about shot himself in the hand with his first shot.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Another article says he's a retired sheriff deputy.

He has the physique to prove it. :)

But, that means that he does have a certain amount of BTDT mental toughness.

ETA:
    I also couldn't tell if he was messing with the slide. When he's behind the half-door, the first angle looks like he might be reaching for another mag, but he was really fumbling with the latch on the door. I think the slide thing might've been a nervous habit or maybe he thought he had a jam - pulled the trigger 2x without letting it re-set after the first pull. Again, not a critique, he did what needed doing.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Another article says he's a retired sheriff deputy.

He has the physique to prove it. :)

But, that means that he does have a certain amount of BTDT mental toughness.

ETA:
    I also couldn't tell if he was messing with the slide. When he's behind the half-door, the first angle looks like he might be reaching for another mag, but he was really fumbling with the latch on the door. I think the slide thing might've been a nervous habit or maybe he thought he had a jam - pulled the trigger 2x without letting it re-set after the first pull. Again, not a critique, he did what needed doing.

He sure did...and it is probably a good thing. Every time I go in a bank that has an armed guard not paying attention, I cringe. I mean you know it has to be a boring job, most of them guys will never have to use a gun. Just that one time you have to always be ready for and if you are a bad guy, the first guy you will go for is the guy with the gun. I got one bank I go to from time to time, kind of a rough area, but the armed guard is always sitting at a desk by the front door....reading the paper! If a guy like the one in this video walked in on him, he would be shot before he knew what was happening.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, no kidding. Complacency has to be the enemy in a job like that.

With the BG in the OP, he came running in the front door with the gun out and everything. Just imagine how different it might've gone if he'd had a hood and just been fumbling around in a bag, looking more innocent. He probably could've taken the SG out quickly.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    If you notice it looks like the lady realizes right of way what is happening and runs for cover ...

The young guy at the teller counter tied her for reaction - they were both moving as the robber came through the outside door. The guard was looking at the young guy and the young guy's movement appears to be what got the guard to look around. He did well.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

Actually, I used to work for a company that made fixtures for banks, and most incorporate ballistic panels. Those may have been better cover than you think!

I built one credit union and have built teller stations for a number of banks and credit unions.... none of them had any protection at all. Got out of it in the late 90's so things might have changed now, but I remember when they installed the drive up window and that was the only protection in the entire building... besides the vault.

IPB and laminate was all the teller stations were made of. The building we put up was vinyl siding over plywood.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, the bank security was a better shot than the douche was. Good shooting....got the job done, and did most of it with a very "non-mall ninja" single hand hold. :cool:

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    I built one credit union and have built teller stations for a number of banks and credit unions.... none of them had any protection at all. Got out of it in the late 90's so things might have changed now, but I remember when they installed the drive up window and that was the only protection in the entire building... besides the vault.

IPB and laminate was all the teller stations were made of. The building we put up was vinyl siding over plywood.

Standards may have indeed improved. My experience was 2010-2012. Don't recall the name of the bank chain, just the blue prints for IPB and laminate cabinets with 'pockets' for ballistic panels to be installed on site.

Either way SG was on point, and the BG didn't seem to have a proper plan. Thumbs up to the alert SG, and the Darwin goes to BG who flashes his gun as he runs across 10 ft of clear plate glass to the door.

Top Bottom