Signs Signs, Everywhere there's signs...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I'm in Ohio for the next few days and I swear over half of the places we've been to have had no gun signs. They carry the force of law in Ohio so you can't just walk past them like you can in Indiana. I really try to avoid patronizing them but a few of the places are the whole point of the trip. Also several places are "technically" bars which also prohibit carry by law. Makes me miss how good we have it in Indiana. Enjoy your freedom fellow Hoosiers. I'm stuck in Ohio!

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Yeah, Ohio does suck in that manner. Our son and family live over there, and I really have to watch where I go there. Stupid morons think their sign is gonna make it all safe and such....just like a gang-banger is legal to own and carry the guns they carry? How's that law working for ya' Ohio? :twocents:

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Thankfully, I've never had any reason to visit Ohio.

Their road planning is pretty horrible too. I used to come here enough that I got my Utah before we had reciprocity, I really do my best to avoid the state though. Indiana needs better neighbors. :)

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Their road planning is pretty horrible too. I used to come here enough that I got my Utah before we had reciprocity, I really do my best to avoid the state though. Indiana needs better neighbors. :)

Damn good point. We are sandwiched in between a couple of turds.....

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    So...if somebody ignores those signs...not saying I do. But if someone does, how serious is that crime??

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So thankful I live in Indiana. Visiting Ohio you pretty much have to leave it in the car.

Not really. I travel to OH every couple months and EDC every time. Maybe we just go different places, but I havent had to disarm but once. (except for in my branch offices where it is against policy)

pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    Not really. I travel to OH every couple months and EDC every time. Maybe we just go different places, but I havent had to disarm but once. (except for in my branch offices where it is against policy)

The hotels usually have a no firearms policy. Then going to a restaurant is 50/50. Either way it's a stupid rule. Luckily though, they seem to be relaxing their regulations slowly.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    The hotels usually have a no firearms policy. Then going to a restaurant is 50/50. Either way it's a stupid rule. Luckily though, they seem to be relaxing their regulations slowly.

I always thought a hotel room became your "castle" and even in states like Illinois you can have your loaded gun in your own room. Now you have to have it unloaded and in a locked box to take it from the car to the room though.

And yes, stupid rule...like most anti gun rules. They won't do a thing to stop gun crimes, but they make the snowflakes feel ​safer.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So...if somebody ignores those signs...not saying I do. But if someone does, how serious is that crime??

I am not a lawyer, but I did locate this page: Lawriter - ORC

As best I can tell, it depends on what type of business has that sign. The places that are listed in the laws on that page indicate a felony of one degree or another.

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000

It might very location to location but:

1) you have to actually be caught carrying. "Concealed means concealed"
    2) If you are caught, you still need to be present for the police to arrive and actually talk to you. Likelihood of you being restrained are low so if there's a problem, leave.*
    *advice given from a retired police officer giving a class. Precedence doesn't exist yet for prosecuting someone who is caught but leaves right away. For now, just boogie on out*
    3) Yeah, it's a problem...we're working on fixing it.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I am not a lawyer, but I did locate this page: Lawriter - ORC

As best I can tell, it depends on what type of business has that sign. The places that are listed in the laws on that page indicate a felony of one degree or another.

Blessings,
    Bill

It might very location to location but:

1) you have to actually be caught carrying. "Concealed means concealed"
    2) If you are caught, you still need to be present for the police to arrive and actually talk to you. Likelihood of you being restrained are low so if there's a problem, leave.*
    *advice given from a retired police officer giving a class. Precedence doesn't exist yet for prosecuting someone who is caught but leaves right away. For now, just boogie on out*
    3) Yeah, it's a problem...we're working on fixing it.

I did not see my circumstance. Any idea why Michigan and Ohio would be so afraid of someone with a concealed weapon at one of their massive auto auctions?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I did not see my circumstance. Any idea why Michigan and Ohio would be so afraid of someone with a concealed weapon at one of their massive auto auctions?

Blood in the streets, shootouts over parking spaces, large groups of people, pick any excuse you want. The real reason is that the location doesn't matter, they just don't want people to have guns.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    "I didnt see no sign, must not have been properly posted. ****ing liberals cant do a damn thing right." First and Final words. :):

Top Bottom