• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When Minnesota AG removed the Utah CFP from their list of approved out of state carry licenses/permits, some of us were disappointed because that made travel to MN more difficult.

One option is to go to Minnesota, do their training, and apply in person for an out of state permit. The downside is that you can't legally carry there on that trip, which defeats the purpose.

I think I have some strategery that will work and while not inconvenient, will help you carry legally in Minnesota without being disarmed in the process. Minnesota honors Nevada's license/permit. You can go to Nevada (which is fun) and get their permit/license by completing their training and applying. Unlike Minnesota, Nevada honors our UT, AZ, and FL permits, so we would not be disarmed while there.

What do we think?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I accept your generous offer of a fun-filled shooting vacation to Nevada absolutely free!, but do I have to sit through a 90 min time-share spiel, or can I just tell you upfront I ain't going to buy and you just give me the $100 AMEX gift card to buy ammo with?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I accept your generous offer of a fun-filled shooting vacation to Nevada absolutely free!, but do I have to sit through a 90 min time-share spiel, or can I just tell you upfront I ain't going to buy and you just give me the $100 AMEX gift card to buy ammo with?
    When we were in Vegas, I actually sought out the time share people because they were giving away tickets to a Beatles tribute show I wanted to see! We spent an hour listening to the pitch, told em NO (took a couple of times telling them), got our tickets AND two complementary passes to a nice buffet at the hard rock hotel, and left. Those people probably thought I was a real A-hole!:):

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I need to update my cards. My non-resident Utah card says I'm good in 35 states, and Minnesota is one of them. My Indiana card says I'm good in 28 states. :(

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I take it Nevada doesn't honor Indiana LTCH?

You are correct, sir. However, both Utah and Arizona have been restored on the Nevada list.

I need to update my cards. My non-resident Utah card says I'm good in 35 states, and Minnesota is one of them. My Indiana card says I'm good in 28 states. :(

Incorrect. The Minnesota Attorney General removed Utah and several other states a couple of years ago. It is no longer valid in Minnesota.

You may verify here: MN Permit to Carry Reciprocity

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I think I would rather go to Hawaii and get their license and then shell out the $500 for Illinois. Pretty sure that will cover something.

I poke fun not at the Rhino but rather the stupidity of the reciprocity situation.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think I would rather go to Hawaii and get their license and then shell out the $500 for Illinois. Pretty sure that will cover something.

I poke fun not at the Rhino but rather the stupidity of the reciprocity situation.

If only one could actually obtain a Hawaii permit!

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    So, planning a trip to Canada via International Falls. I only have a IN ltch. From what I gather so far I can have a gun, loaded and in my car/around my vehicle in Illinois. I still have to explore Wisconsin....
    In Minnesota, I can't tell if it is basically the same as Illinois or if it has to be unloaded and cased (and if so, can I have a loaded magazine in the case?)
    AND, I hear that the trick is to leave the gun at a gun shop in MN for "cleaning" and pick it up on the way back.
    What say INGO?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So, planning a trip to Canada via International Falls. I only have a IN ltch. From what I gather so far I can have a gun, loaded and in my car/around my vehicle in Illinois. I still have to explore Wisconsin....
    In Minnesota, I can't tell if it is basically the same as Illinois or if it has to be unloaded and cased (and if so, can I have a loaded magazine in the case?)
    AND, I hear that the trick is to leave the gun at a gun shop in MN for "cleaning" and pick it up on the way back.
    What say INGO?

You are correct on Illinois.
    Wisconsin honors the Indiana License to Carry Handgun.
    Minnesota is not like Illinois.

Top Bottom