• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    had an attempted home invasion just a few houses down last week. Broad day light. Guy wasn't caught, I'm sure he's glad it wasn't my home he attempted to get into. :)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've had conversations with a number of people about why I carry at home. Most of them never considered the possibility of something happening while they are home.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    After looking at the news story BBI linked, I thought to myself, isn't is just simply amazing that there always seems to be a head and shoulders pic of the suspects in these cases?

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Yes. You should have access to your CCW. I like the 442 S&W Snubbie for pocket carry, and a Miami Vice Shoulder rig w/ Glock 19 for social settings. House carry is either or a Moss 500 12ga 18 1/2in bbl, by the door. Have seen a couple day calls to the PD for home invasion. Trust me, when spring comes, walking predators do too. Watch who you open your door to. Look first! Be prepared, keep your outside light working for nighttime. Big dog bone and bowl that says "Bubba" on it. It works!

Add: For years I wore long jeans and thick belt to be easy to CCW a full size handgun. (G21, 22, Sig 220, a few) When I bought a Miami Vice style rig, could now wear cargos, or workouts, or golf shorts with no sag/drag from a Full sized Duty weapon. (could always pocket a 442, which I still use). Also found out it was an easy "Throw on rig" for late night calls from the PD. Oversize pocket shirt with button down front is a great cover/concealment for grocery store trips, and a gallon of milk run at 10:00pm. (we called them Stop and Rob stores)
    Hope that the above makes for an easier and safe carry than appendix/ 1911 C&L. Not knocking 1911's as I own 2 of them. Just pointing out the sag weight issue.
    Good luck

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't carry at home. I get home, change and go workout. Then I change again into my comfy clothes.
    My house isn't large, so there's only a couple places an invasion can happen. And I also have a small dog to alert me, so there is that.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Our little dog can't see, so as long as the intruder knocks or rings the doorbell then she'll let us know there's trouble. :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Everyone makes their own choices. Having something stashed in places around the house is great . . . until you're more than an arm's length away from it.

People don't understand how quickly things go from nothing to the bad guy inside your house and bearing down on you. If you think you'll have time to retrieve a weapon that is not on your person and you are tested, I hope you are right.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Everyone makes their own choices. Having something stashed in places around the house is great . . . until you're more than an arm's length away from it.

People don't understand how quickly things go from nothing to the bad guy inside your house and bearing down on you. If you think you'll have time to retrieve a weapon that is not on your person and you are tested, I hope you are right.

I'm still trying to find a good way to carry my Glock 43 in my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pajama pants.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Someone attempted to break into my house January 2016. I believe what stopped them is that they activated the alarm system and they heard the beeping through the door. I had to replace door and by the time I trimmed it out and re-painted everything it cost close to $1000. There is a side of me that really wishes I had been there when that happened. One of my neighbors told me that she saw the guy park his car down the street, walk down the street to my house with a pry bar visible in his hand, and then turn and walk down my driveway into the back yard where she couldn't see him from the window anymore. Quite brazen.

Top Bottom