Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

Concealed Carry in a Wheelchair

Anyone have experience or know someone with experience carrying in a wheelchair? An ankle holster seems to be the only option that might work and that eliminates carrying while wearing shorts. The waist is a bad option because of pressure against the skin. Carrying in a pocket of cargo pants/shorts is more difficult from a seated position. Pants/shorts tend to tighten when sitting which increases the potential for printing.

I don't have any immediate plans to carry, but just thought I would pose the question.

Quote Originally Posted by 510picker View Post
    Anyone have experience or know someone with experience carrying in a wheelchair? An ankle holster seems to be the only option that might work and that eliminates carrying while wearing shorts. The waist is a bad option because of pressure against the skin. Carrying in a pocket of cargo pants/shorts is more difficult from a seated position. Pants/shorts tend to tighten when sitting which increases the potential for printing.

I don't have any immediate plans to carry, but just thought I would pose the question.
    Cardigan and a shoulder rig? No expertise in that category.
    It requires an O'dark30 workout, not layin' in the fart sack.

I think with the right holster, carrying on your waist would be ok. Look at the N82 ( nate squared) line. They have a special backing on the holster that is really soft. You also might want to try appendix carry.

Quote Originally Posted by pudly View Post
    FYI- You can make that assumption, but not everyone intends to dicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Sponge Bob was the engineer who designed the Glock trigger. The feel of the trigger press was a self-portrait.

***Hey, you be friends with Kirk Freeman and see how it affects you.***
    INGOer # 23050

Marksman
    Shoulder rig came to my mind too. Hawaiian shirt though . Maybe something custom rigged to the inside panel of the armrest if you have that type of w.chair. Maybe crossdraw as well The solution for you OP sounds intriguing. Let us know what you come up with!

Maybe rig up some kind of bag on the armrest?

Plinker
    Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I was just curious if anyone had any experience. A shoulder rig might be a viable solution. With my, let's call it "non-slim", build, I just don't think the waist would work. My wheelchair doesn't have arm rests. What little bit of reading I did online about the subject discouraged storing the firearm in something attached to the chair due to the possibility of being separated from it. Someone could easily dump me out of it if approached from behind. Also, there are time when we go out to eat and I transfer into a booth. Definitely wouldn't want it stored on the chair then.

Just thought the topic might make for good discussion.

Marksman
    I wondered if you might be transfering, leaving the firearm with the chair. I don't know if you are male or female but the flashbang brand of holsters came to mind. Even if you are male, they might have an idea/solution. I have seen some body shirts with an integral holster.

Belly Band style?
    "An Armed Society is A Polite Society"

How about a chest rig?

After all you have to have someplace to carry your wallet, lip balm, sunglasses... You may want to make it more civilian looking perhaps by adding some Hello Kitty stickers or other snowflake safe emblems.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/.../1/ProductID/6

​fanny pack

"Don't let your mouth write no checks that your ass can't cash" - old ghetto saying

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast