• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Scenario: I want to go target shooting. A friend comes along. As a favor, friend drives his car. Several handguns and rifles in trunk. Friend does not have LTCH. (but is otherwise a "proper person", not a felon, no warrants, not mental, not a spousal abuser, etc.)

LEO pulls us over for whatever reason. (speeding, not coming to full stop, rude hand gestures to other motorists, etc.)

I believe there is no duty to inform, but somehow if we end up going down that path, are we all going to the slammer or is my LTCH good enough to keep us going on our way after he gets a ticket?

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    IC was changed (I think in 2011) to provide for transport of handgun to and from a range without a LTCH if handgun is in a lockable case, unloaded and inaccessible from the passenger compartment.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    IC was changed (I think in 2011) to provide for transport of handgun to and from a range without a LTCH if handgun is in a lockable case, unloaded and inaccessible from the passenger compartment.

Remove the word "range" and you are correct, not sure about the year.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Like it has been said if the handguns are in the trunk you don't need a LTCH to transport them in your car.
    No LTCH needed to transport long guns, even loaded and on foot (I believe).

In that scenario the true question would be why your friend doesn't have his own LTCH.
    With it he wouldn't be in trouble if you leave a loaded gun in his glovebox.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    And it took a Frenchman (I think) to state the obvious. You guys are pathetic!:laugh:

Also a Frenchman that knows the IC better than a Hoosier with a LTCH.How pathetic is that??? :):
    The OP needs to brush-up his gun laws. :)
    Being ignorant on gun laws can lead to trouble, especially if you don't know where you are not allowed to carry even with a LTCH.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Also a Frenchman that knows the IC better than a Hoosier with a LTCH.How pathetic is that??? :):
    The OP needs to brush-up his gun laws. :)
    Being ignorant on gun laws can lead to trouble, especially if you don't know where you are not allowed to carry even with a LTCH.

Well, it looks to me like he IS brushing up on the law.
    Let's not attack someone trying to learn. :)

Top Bottom