• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    We've discussed before what to do in the middle of a situation such as this. I don't think there are any good answers.

“We are in the process of pulling all surveillance video and we will share with Oakland police, Oakland Unified School District and Oakland Housing Authority to see if they can help identify the minors,” Trost said. The images cannot be shared publicly, she said, because the suspects appear to be minors.

This annoys me greatly. First, they don't KNOW that the thug are "minors". Secondly, when the law trumps the safety of the people for no good reason then the law is an ass.

BART takeover robbery: 40 to 60 teens swarm train, rob weekend riders - San Francisco Chronicle

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I read about that earlier....My first thought was that since it was Commiefornia, it was very likely that none of the riders/victims were armed.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Hmmm...maybe 16 rounds isn't enough for that. If alone (no family) I think a fight is in order. If with family, play VIP security detail and ONLY fight if individually/family members threatened? I don't know. That's a difficult scenario.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hmmm...maybe 16 rounds isn't enough for that. If alone (no family) I think a fight is in order. If with family, play VIP security detail and ONLY fight if individually/family members threatened? I don't know. That's a difficult scenario.

Yes it is. If they are armed you are of course...."Screwed".
    Fall back and comply, :dunno:
    1st I would never ride the stupid train.
    2nd I would most likely resist.
    3rd this would not end well for me I am sure but never been one to comply.

We are seeing a Clockwork Orange change in our society. Disarm the citizens and turn the other cheek mentality.

It sucks.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Those pinkos are reaping what they have sown. Good luck finding a gun store hippies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    16 rounds may not be enough, but...
    When the bullets start flying, thugs tend to run. They're not swarming a train with 40 because they're brave.
    And, if they decide to press the attack, 16 rounds will think the herd.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    "We had increased presence in Oakland for the evening, but we obviously can’t have an officer on every car, on every platform, at every station,” Trost said. “We have 46 stations and over 100 miles of track.”

Unfortunately based on the restrictive gun laws in the state, it's clear a majority of citizens and lawmakers in California believe otherwise.

And who brings that many people to rob a passenger train? I can just picture the meet-up afterwords. "Great job crew. Time to split up the loot. You get $1.42. You get $1.42. You get $1.42.

Darnell, you held the door open. You get $2.15."

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You and I have discussed these issues. It is a sad time. If in this someone opened up on those douche nozzles it would be another nail in the 2-A coffin.

I think in that particular state 2A as we know it will never exist again. I wasn't even talking about the madness of getting a carry license out there (unless your name is Feinstein the answer will be NO in that county), in SF there are no gun stores.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    We are seeing a Clockwork Orange change in our society. Disarm the citizens and turn the other cheek mentality.

It sucks.

This is what happens when kids have kids and nobody is raising any of them to be proper people. Kids are not raised with values, morals or a respect for life because their parents were not raised with those things either...not to mention the fact that most of these kids have no dad in their life, beating their ass when it needs beat.

In short, I fully blame the moral decay of society for these types of issues.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is what happens when kids have kids and nobody is raising any of them to be proper people. Kids are not raised with values, morals or a respect for life because their parents were not raised with those things either...not to mention the fact that most of these kids have no dad in their life, beating their ass when it needs beat.

In short, I fully blame the moral decay of society for these types of issues.

Hence the "Clockwork Orange" reference.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I think in that particular state 2A as we know it will never exist again. I wasn't even talking about the madness of getting a carry license out there (unless your name is Feinstein the answer will be NO in that county), in SF there are no gun stores.
    You're right, the 2A as we know it hasn't existed there for 100 years and won't again. It's as if chicago metastasized and infected southern IL but the central valley isn't a complete loss yet. I also wonder how much of the situation is people drinking the 'progressive' kool-aid instead of a feeling of helplessness breeding apathy? There are a lot of reasons that people are leaving there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    SORRY, I know it's a movie but I've never seen it.

It is actually a book. I read it in High School which was oh so long ago. It runs pretty much along these lines.
    I saw the movie and of course it was not the book.

I completely agree with your belief that society is sliding towards the edge. At this point in it's decline I am not sure we can put the brakes on let alone reverse the process.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ugh.

I used to get on BART at the Fruitvale Station (yeah, the one they made the movie about) every day. I used to hold my Spyderco Police Model in my hand (closed) when I was out and about.

I do not miss anything about that hellhole California.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Almost anywhere but CA there would be bodies...a lot of bodies. Then again, maybe anywhere where mass transit is not a daily reality. Where you are forced to crowd into the cattle cars the state is your protector; and your failure.

I know I keep thinking of the riots of the past years, I've been in a couple (many, many years ago), and I think folks would die there because they deserved to. A lack of impulse control is not a viable excuse for destroying someone else's life. But self defense is no longer a right in some places. Social injustice seems to be the norm there now. I do not weep for them, but if there because of travel I will not go quietly.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Time keeping citrus aside, sometimes I think that the best thing to happen to this country might be an EMP. But of course that would only be if everyone else had one too.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    It is actually a book. I read it in High School which was oh so long ago. It runs pretty much along these lines.
    I saw the movie and of course it was not the book.

I completely agree with your belief that society is sliding towards the edge. At this point in it's decline I am not sure we can put the brakes on let alone reverse the process.

I think you're right. I think we are so far gone that it would take a good size collapse of society and then a complete rebuild to turn this mess around. It's funnny (in a sad way) how fast we got to where we are now.

Top Bottom