• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/elderly-woman-beat-attacker-walking-stick-death-152528841.html

Highlights: The perp has been arrested. 18 yr old former football player. He had been attempting to rip the clothing off of Ms. Fusako Petrus' walking companion, a [strike]92[/strike] 61 yr old woman, when Ms. Petrus began attempting to stop him. She carried a walking stick.

She died of massive trauma.

How fortunate (for her killer) that California politicians made her incapable of effective self-defense against whatever dirtbag decided the two of them would be easy prey. How sad that she's being prepared for burial while he's still taking in oxygen the rest of us could be using.

I'll just leave this here:

Fusako%20Petrus-RIP.png

RIP, Ms. Petrus.

ETA: Because I know how some people react, I should say that I didn't create the above image to show anything about race, but only about the age and size differences and disparity of force.

Blessings,
    Bill

Later edit: I have corrected the error of age and also the graphic, which originally said, "This is her accused killer. He is 18. He is accused of attacking her 92 year old friend. Sexually."
    The errors in the original are mine, now corrected.

Last edited:

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    “The Gun Is Civilization” By Marko Kloos
    Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that’s it.
    In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.
    When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.
    The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.
    There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we’d be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a [armed] mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger’s potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat – it has no validity when most of a mugger’s potential marks are armed.
    People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that’s the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.
    Then there’s the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser.
    People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don’t constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level.
    The gun is the only weapon that’s as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply wouldn’t work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn’t both lethal and easily employable.
    When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation… And that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    Too bad she wasn't packing heat. She could have saved herself and ended this creeps life which would have done the world a favor. She might have thought that she could defend herself with her walking stick. I've heard so many anti gun people say they will use a baseball bat, hammer, or something like that. I can't imagine the creep felt very threatened by an old woman with a stick. A gun is the great equalizer.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My mother is 86 also and takes daily walks in a Detroit suburb, kinda like a goldfish swimming in a sea of sharks.
    My thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families.
    The oxygen thief can rot in prison before hell IMHO.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The words I want to use here will get me banned.
    Moderator, BAN yourself!! Serious note: there is a special place in hell for this guy. Considering it's the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia he get there via old age.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Yikes this is awful.

Read the article carefully - it's even worse than the OP's summary. Fusako Petrus was not trying to defend the 92 year old lady - she was defending someone else, a 61 y.o. someone 22 years her junior. The sexual assault and beating of the 92 yo lady was an entirely separate incident that happened elsewhere. The cops tied the perp in that assault back to the killing of Petrus and the assault of her 61 y.o. friend. This guy needs to not walk the earth again.

Words fail.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Firing squads.

I'd have settled on a firing squad of one. Ms. Petrus doing the firing.

Thanks, Alamo, for the correction. I saw the "61 year old" and assumed it was a Yahoo typo. That's what I get for posting when I should be sleeping.

Her survivors should sue the state of California, and she needs to become the "poster girl" for gun rights.

Rep. Jim Lucas, are you listening? Let's call the Constitutional Carry bill, in next year's legislative session, "Fusako Petrus' Law".

Let Reps Summers, C. Brown, GiaQuinta, and Sens. Lanane and Bray, and anyone else who works to make the rest of us helpless before stool samples like this perp take her story, remember how she died, and shove their objections so far up their own posteriors that they choke on them.

Ms. Petrus had more guts and more cojones than the lot of them ever dreamed of having. Once again, may she rest in peace.

Blessings,
    Bill

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    No hanging, no firing squad. He beat the woman to death, so as the saying goes, as ye sow, so shall ye reap. Either beat him to death as he seems to like to do to others, or do that middle east thing, stone him to death.

Unfortunately we as a civilization have had these types of people forever, and forever we will continue to have them. There is an endless stream of those who have no regard for life, and unfortunately there is no way to stop it.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    In the sewer that is the Middle East, they throw homosexuals off of tall buildings for no other reason than being homosexuals, while over here, scumbags like this soak up taxpayer money for their trials, incarceration, and probably their legal representation with endless appeals.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    In the sewer that is the Middle East, they throw homosexuals off of tall buildings for no other reason than being homosexuals, while over here, scumbags like this soak up taxpayer money for their trials, incarceration, and probably their legal representation with endless appeals.

Hold on. While I'm completely on-board with Ms. Petrus having stopped him in his tracks at the time of the attack, since his guilt would be obvious "in flagrante delicto", anything after the fact MUST, IMHO, have a fair trial, or we become the sewer that you deride the Middle East as being. Our court system moves very slowly, by our standards, but if YOU are the one accused, you want all the time you can get to assemble evidence to defend yourself. If our courts were not clogged with minor, harmless :bs:, things would move faster, of course, and there would not be the overcrowding of our prisons, but you will never hear me call for the abolishment of fair and open trials. Even if you, a third party, catch someone in the act of something, there should be a chance for the person to give some accounting of the facts. (You came up after an initial attack by the person you think is the victim, for example.) Ms. Petrus was one of the victims here. No accounting should have been necessary had she been able to end the attack by whatever slime actually attacked her and her friend. The above, whose name I've not posted, is "the accused" until found guilty. After that, I'd not object to the application of Hammurabi's Code. I'm not sure who we're going to find to sexually assault whoever the guilty party is before beating him to death, but I'm sure there's someone out there who would accept the job. If he is not found guilty, he becomes, "the exonerated".

Blessings,
    Bill

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Hold on. While I'm completely on-board with Ms. Petrus having stopped him in his tracks at the time of the attack, since his guilt would be obvious "in flagrante delicto", anything after the fact MUST, IMHO, have a fair trial, or we become the sewer that you deride the Middle East as being. Our court system moves very slowly, by our standards, but if YOU are the one accused, you want all the time you can get to assemble evidence to defend yourself. If our courts were not clogged with minor, harmless :bs:, things would move faster, of course, and there would not be the overcrowding of our prisons, but you will never hear me call for the abolishment of fair and open trials. Even if you, a third party, catch someone in the act of something, there should be a chance for the person to give some accounting of the facts. (You came up after an initial attack by the person you think is the victim, for example.) Ms. Petrus was one of the victims here. No accounting should have been necessary had she been able to end the attack by whatever slime actually attacked her and her friend. The above, whose name I've not posted, is "the accused" until found guilty. After that, I'd not object to the application of Hammurabi's Code. I'm not sure who we're going to find to sexually assault whoever the guilty party is before beating him to death, but I'm sure there's someone out there who would accept the job. If he is not found guilty, he becomes, "the exonerated".

Blessings,
    Bill

Never advocated doing away with due process, only juxtaposing the ME with here.
    In this particular case, I'd certainly support a fair trial...immediately followed by a hanging.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Follow due process. For cases where the evidence is overwhelming and incontrovertible, sentence the duly Convicted 2-legged animals to death by hanging. Screw the bleeding heart dribble about "they mustn't feel any pain; their death should be quick and painless", as the phrase "cruel and unusual" should only apply to truly tortuous deaths (think medieval dungeon)--NOT to execution methods used for hundreds of years by multitudes of nations.

Make sure the event is publicized.
    Televise it.
    All news channels.

Even animals can be cunning, and even animals can learn to predict consequences they don't want to suffer.

Top Bottom