• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    So I installed Talon Grips on my EDC and put it into my AG Cloak Tuck 3.0. I didn't think about the fact that it's basically sandpaper and now it rubs on my side. Am I doing something wrong or is there another solution. My skin is rubbed raw.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Had the ruff texture Talons on a Shield that I carried IWB with a tucked in shirt. Couldn't do it against bare skin and I'm sure it would wear a hole in the shirt after awhile. Really liked the texture for shooting but changed over to the rubber in a hurry.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I have the rubberized Talons on my XDs 45. Best grips ever for that handgun. I looked at the sandpaper like grips and if it was a comp gun I would have gone that way but it's and EDC and I was concerned that the sand bits would get in the holster and scratch up the finish over time.

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    My carry gun has the grit tape on it and it's never given my shirts or my skin any trouble. Do you have it wrapped around the backstrap? If so, you might consider reapplying it and cutting out anything rearward of the middle of the grip. That's how I have mine set up.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    That's not gonna happen. Just man up and spend the money for new grips. Chock it up to lessons learned.
    Undershirts are cheap! Just sayin'! Most of my G's look like Tony Hawk and Shaun White's boards, grippy tape everywhere, I just wear undershirts.

pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    I decided to get the rubber ones instead. I've had those before and liked them. They were a birthday gift from the wife and she asked me on the phone if I wanted textured or rubber. I wasn't really thinking it through when I answered.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I had the rubber ones on my EDC. The sweat from my hard labor made it where they didn't stick on the corners. Maybe I am toxic. I am toying with different patterns and depths so I can just hack it myself on the grip.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I decided to get the rubber ones instead. I've had those before and liked them. They were a birthday gift from the wife and she asked me on the phone if I wanted textured or rubber. I wasn't really thinking it through when I answered.

I went with the rubber Talons also for my EDC but didn't have to worry about it contacting bare skin on my side since my N82 holster covers the entire grip. I really like the extra control that the rubber Talons provide when shooting!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Clay I am going to retrieve a Gen 3 G-22 with severe grip road rash, and plan to cover it with a Talon rubber grip, how hard is it to apply one correctly?

Johnny0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2017
    NWI
    Talon grips are easy to apply. Follow the instructions and you can't go wrong. Remember the sandpaper textured ones are for range guns only, the rubber ones are for EDC.

sellersdw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Use the talon rubberized grips on every gun I want to hold on to. :D I had issues with the factory glock grip chaffing but the talon grips took care of it and it feels like a better grip.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Piece of cake. They give you an alcohol wipe to clean the frame, then peel off the backing, stick it on and then hit it with a little heat from a hair dryer or heat gun.

Clay I am going to retrieve a Gen 3 G-22 with severe grip road rash, and plan to cover it with a Talon rubber grip, how hard is it to apply one correctly?

Flagg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    N/A
    Talon makes a rubberized grip now. Feels great when shooting and against the skin.

For your current set up—easy fix: take some sand paper and sand the side of the grips that touch your skin. You can knock the grit down significantly in no time.

dlwheeler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2017
    Elkhart
    I love the sandpaper talon grips on my Glock 23, but have the same problem. Losing a lot of weight would help, but that's not likely to happen any time soon. I'm thinking about switching to the rubber ones. I'm just hoping I like them as much.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom