• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Last week I was pulled over in Michigan. This is the first time I've been stopped in about 10 years. And the first time ever in Michigan (a must inform state).

I was going through Edwardsburg and came up on a stop light just west of a RR crossing with another light just on the east side of the tracks (Not US 12. A block south). It had been a long day and we were late getting home. The lights were red but no train (yet). So I stopped at the first light before the tracks. waited about 2 seconds then went over the tracks and waited for the light to turn green. I turned right and headed south.

I checked my mirror and here comes a cruiser with lights on. I put on my turn signal an pulled over. I really didn't think he was coming after me. I was wrong.

The officer was a young man. He had an older officer with him on the passenger side.

I pulled out my DL and my LTCH. When he approached, I had my info in my left hand and both hands on the wheel, vehicle off. He asked if I knew why he had stopped me. I said I wasn't sure but I had an idea. I then handed him both licenses and informed him I was licensed in Indiana to carry a handgun and that I had one on my right hip. He kinda looked surprised. He said that most people he encounters do not know that. He went ahead and told me what I did wasn't legal and I should have stayed stopped at the first red light. I responded that since there were 2 lights, I stopped at both and waited for the second one to turn green, that I had thought it was legal. I also explained I really didn't want to wait on a train if it came before the light turned green.

I said her wasn't sure about Indiana's laws on that but in MI, it's not legal. I said I learned something new and will not do it in the future. He never asked for the vehicle registration or proof of insurance. He took both of my licenses back to the cruiser and after a few minutes, he returned and just told me not to do it again. I thanked him and went on my way. No ticket or warning. That was nice of him.

Guess it was my lucky day.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Must not have been much of a curb stomping if that happened last week and you're out of the hospital already...congratulations!

:D

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Huh. I always thought the best way to inform was to scream GUN!!! and then wave it around all crazy like. Looks like your way works too.

I'd be lying if I said that never crossed my mind. After reading INGO for many years, somehow that is embedded in my brain.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    You must have been supremely polite and he must have been having an unusually good day to let an out-of-stater off without even a warning.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Thanks for sharing.

I have a friend who lives down that road, and I've made the same maneuver you describe. Now I know that I shouldn't.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He's only out because it wasn't Frank that stopped him. If it had been, we'd be reading about him in the break room.

Hmmmm....yeah, I figured that was a universal requirement to make the force. Maybe you're on to something....maybe it's that some just excel at it more than others.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    C'mon, it's a village so friendly that the police cars are striped in the school colors. Hunting boots? Sure. Curb stomping boots? Not so much. Besides, you'll have to find a curb first and there ain't too many of those in the 'Burg.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes. But. That's the point. No curbstomping happened, not because there are no potential curb stompers, but because those boots aren't available. And why would they be if there are no curbs?

Q.E.D.

Top Bottom