Is checking out visitors at home with gun behind your back ‘disorderly conduct’?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dozer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Sellersburg
    Ya the was just an attempt to make trouble for the guys current wife by his ex. The police should have seen that and the judge most certainly should have.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    If I don't know who's at the door I go to it with my sidearm. Even if they are in uniform.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you are knocking at my front door you do not know me. You most likely have no real business here. Everyone that comes to my house has my number and knows the program. There is a program. If you do not know the program you are greeted by an armed property owner. If that offends/scares you then read the no trespass signs and do not come up to my door.

Pretty simple really.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    If you are knocking at my front door you do not know me. You most likely have no real business here. Everyone that comes to my house has my number and knows the program. There is a program. If you do not know the program you are greeted by an armed property owner. If that offends/scares you then read the no trespass signs and do not come up to my door.

Pretty simple really.

Why a free man would ever need to address why he answers the door of his home with a weapon is inexcusable, period.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

Pretty simple really.

Good to know your program! :D

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I can't remember the last time I didn't respond to a stranger at my door with a firearm in my hand. I've found that a shotgun gets their attention quickest and they suddenly remember they left the water running in their sink!:rockwoot:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.

Pretty simple really.

1) Honk the horn of the vehicle I'm driving three times for five seconds at a time.
    2) Jump out and run quickly towards your garage.
    3) While running, scream "I'm coming to save you, Honey!"

*add purple where you see fit*

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel

Pretty simple really.

I do seem to remember being given some instructions... been a while now.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    As some might see it as being paranoid, we do live in a world where bad **** happens and merely looking through a peephole can be dangerous, so a lot of people have cameras now tied directly to a small screen next to the door to see.

Top Bottom