• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    In a couple months I will be attending my best friends wedding. This past week I went to get fitted for a tuxedo. I was carrying my Springfield XDS9 4.0 appendix in a Desantis Inside Heat holster. The girl measuring my size was measuring my waist around my belly button when I interjected and told her that I carry a gun and that I am right now. Would you please account for my gun and measure lower around my waist and gun. She had no problem. I did not lift my shirt up and expose the gun but told her the area to measure. The fitting went smooth. I opted for a not so tight jacket for concealment.

I asked the girl if the pants had any belt loops which they do not. So there goes my tuckable belt holster I have. So here is my predicament. I am in the search for a belly band/smart carry option. I want to carry my XDS and a spare mag under my dress shirt. Possibly a couple mags, knife, and a flashlight.

But I want a holster that has a closed bottom and extra pockets for MORE STUFF!!!! but I haven't found what I am searching for yet. There are numerous belly band makers on ebay and there is one that looks like what I'm looking for. It is called TekWulfe Elite Conceal Carry. Has anyone tried this? It is neoprene which I like so my gun wont get soaked in moisture from my body. I will be for sure dancing and breaking it down on the danced floor at the reception.

TekWulf Elite Conceal Carry Belly Band Gun Holster Fits Most Handguns *NEW | eBay

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The tux jacket should have pockets for some of your stuff.

Belt loops are are not a requirement for wearing a belt depending on your body style. I have worn a web belt to facilitate carrying a holster with a belt free outfit. Worked great with my kilt while dancing Irish jigs St. Paddy's day.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Was in and carried in two weddings last year. Galco / DeSantis ankle holsters are very nice... Plus I added a dbl mag carrier to the other ankle. Only certain members of the wedding party knew and that was because of them knowing me as a gun guy.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You're down here on the river so you know we usually just bring shotguns to the weddings...Single shots and side by sides mostly...

And what's a tuxedo???? Is it kind like Sunday go to meetin' britches????:)

It's probably just me but with it being a wedding, which is an old fashioned type affair, I would think a Classic Smith and Wesson or Colt 1911 in nickel with stag grips would be appropriate.....

Hand tooled floral carved (roses) holster of course....:)

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Ankle carry option? If drinking alcohol leave it at home.

That bullet vest looks pretty nice. I'm not going that deep into the pits.

I can handle myself just fine, thank you. Yes I will be drinking. It is a wedding. Drinking does not make me a raging animal. Some people yes. Myself I am just fine.

As for ankle carry may keep that in mind for a backup 380. Either my Ruger LCP2 or the Taurus TCP. One on the ankle and one in the back pocket. The Gen2 Ultra harness looks nice but shoulder carry for me is a no go. It prints like I have a tablet under my arm pit. This is a fitted tux. Not a big blousy cover garmet. Also I will take the jacket off so open carrying a shoulder holster at the wedding is a no go. I am going covert. So my main carry piece will be carried appendix under my tucked shirt.

lol Just because I'm redneck doesn't mean my friend or his bride to be is haha. His wife and her family aren't big gun people but my best friend and his family are. They will be packin also. And we all will be having a good time.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I can handle myself just fine, thank you. Yes I will be drinking. It is a wedding. Drinking does not make me a raging animal. Some people yes. Myself I am just fine.

Nobody drank at my wedding. Are you implying that it is a requirement to drink at a wedding? Should you find the need to use your firearm after having consumed alcohol, knowing fully well that you will likely have to defend yourself from lawsuit, is this unnecessary (I guess I jump to conclusions about necessity) act a worthwhile exercise in good judgement? Such that even your peers (in this case, me) would consider it sound judgment? For all my Sgt's and below, they usually were under 8 years time in service, my safety briefs usually included a statement long the lines of "the two biggest killers of Sgt and below are 1) "I thought it'd be funny" and 2) alcohol related incidents." Usually the two were combined. Surely neither of those scenarios would be likely to play out at a wedding. But, to each his own.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Nobody drank at my wedding. Are you implying that it is a requirement to drink at a wedding? Should you find the need to use your firearm after having consumed alcohol, knowing fully well that you will likely have to defend yourself from lawsuit, is this unnecessary (I guess I jump to conclusions about necessity) act a worthwhile exercise in good judgement? Such that even your peers (in this case, me) would consider it sound judgment? For all my Sgt's and below, they usually were under 8 years time in service, my safety briefs usually included a statement long the lines of "the two biggest killers of Sgt and below are 1) "I thought it'd be funny" and 2) alcohol related incidents." Usually the two were combined. Surely neither of those scenarios would be likely to play out at a wedding. But, to each his own.

Will you drive a car after a beer? Two beers?

I understand the lawsuit point but only to a point. A drop of alcohol does not make you lose total control or become a raging moron. So it really comes down to a matter of degrees and control. Ultimately we all make decisions every time we get out of bed.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville

At our weddings...yes there is always lots of alcohol. Never any fights. Just a good time. In all the weddings I have been to, and thats a lot, there were many drunken people and never a confrontation. I'm not worried about people at the wedding. My concern is what happens outside the reception on the way back to my vehicle in the dark downtown. There are drug addicts and bumbs all over.

If you think YOU cannot handle yourself after some drinks than that is a personal problem. And defending myself intoxicated or sober is still defending myself. Tried by twelve than carried by six. This past spring at our Local 16 Gala many drank...about 90 percent of the party drank. I'm sure a lot were carrying. Nothing happened. I dodge more accidents from idiot drivers on their phones than shady people possibly wanting to harm me.

This is not a discussion if YOU can't handle yourself while drinking. I most certainly can handle myself. Alcohol doesn't all of a sudden make me pull my gun out and start waiving it around like a jackass. Maybe it does it to you...but not to me. This is a discussion on the best way to carry in a FITTED TUXEDO. I can carry anything in oversized shirts and loose pants.

I searched and did not find much on tuxedo carry nor did I find many threads on different types of belly bands. The kind I am searching for. Most bands I see have the strap on the side and the gun on the other side. If I carried my gun appendix than the strap would be in the back...which is kinda stupid and not the easiest to put on and take off.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've carried my 642 on my ankle while at a wedding. I've also attended UNARMED because, at the time, I could not conceal my handgun. Shedding the gun for a few hours isn't a big deal if you can't find a way to hide it.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Not implying you can't handle yourself. If you find yourself in a position where you need your gun and you have alcohol in your system you will be in for a rough time even if you are in the right. Your choice. I do not drink when I carry. Good luck and enjoy the wedding.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I think its going to be a hard decision between the smart carry and that TekWulf belly band. But I don't think the belly band is gonna work below the waist. It may just be too wide to be comfortable and stay down low.

Top Bottom