• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Going to my first 500 ever. I've been to the brickyard 400 several times and never had any issues but it's been years. What if any issues with CC would I face? Do they check/wand people? I know they used to check coolers and I imagine they still do but I don't recall any wands or pat downs. Anyone know?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I`m going to guess, no firearms allowed at the Motor Speedway...

This is certainly the policy of the Speedway.

That said, gate checks usually involve a cursory check of personal coolers and not much more. No wands, metal detectors or pat downs. Take that information for what it's worth.

Personally the Indy 500 is one of the few places I don't worry about whether or not I'm carrying. Local and state law enforcement agencies do an excellent job with this event. With so many people attending I will defer to first responders in the event of any trouble. They are never farther than a few hundred feet away.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This is certainly the policy of the Speedway.

That said, gate checks usually involve a cursory check of personal coolers and not much more. No wands, metal detectors or pat downs. Take that information for what it's worth.

Personally the Indy 500 is one of the few places I don't worry about whether or not I'm carrying. Local and state law enforcement agencies do an excellent job with this event. With so many people attending I will defer to first responders in the event of any trouble. They are never farther than a few hundred feet away.
    I'll be one of the many officers working there Carb day and Race day...inside the track.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I can't speak for certain for this year, but in previous years it has always just been coolers. I wouldn't worry about being wanded. I would be more concerned with an officer noticing and asking you to remove it from the property. On the other hand, there are usually plenty of officers and such around and they are very quick to respond.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Agreed. And if I recall correctly secret service presence = GFZ
    they will have him in a secured area where people are checked.
    They will never stop guns in the speedway. They don't check inside of cars but they check inside coolers. That's hilarious.
    the Indy 500 is one of the places that I'd tell people to carry 100% as it's a huge target. If I were to only be able to pick one place I could carry it would be the indy 500.
    of you aren't an idiot or unsafe and you keep that **** concealed then no one will ever have a problem. But if **** ever pops off you have a way to protect yourself and your family. There are so many cops and soldiers and Feds at the Indy 500 that yeah it's a pretty safe event, until it's not. Complacency by us civilians is not a good idea.
    Its against ims rules to carry and you will be asked to leave if they see it however it is not against the law.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Agreed. And if I recall correctly secret service presence = GFZ

There is no way they could secure the entire speedway and still have time to get that many people in and out on the same day as the race. If the VP is there, I'll bet they'll have him in a place where the regular people can't access.

Taylor22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Morgan county
    There is no way they could secure the entire speedway and still have time to get that many people in and out on the same day as the race. If the VP is there, I'll bet they'll have him in a place where the regular people can't access.

i think that's what was announced today. And makes more sense

Top Bottom