• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I found myself in the need of medical attention the other day when my body decided to have an allergic reaction to some unknown thing and I broke out in severe hives. I go to Urgent Care, but the doors were closed. I was late by 10 minutes. Head to CVS to buy every anti-itch thing that is in existence and went home to try to find some relief....

..The next day the hives had gone down and I was in better shape. I still wanted to see someone, though. Went back to Urgent Care and after twenty minutes waiting in the lobby I realize I still have my gun on my side and there is a high chance I may have to remove my shirt to show them where hives were on my chest/back...

...Not wanting to tell a nurse behind a closed door in a small room that "I have a gun" I decided to make a phone call to have an excuse to head back to the parking lot, where I got in my truck, and put my gun in my glove box. I don't like unholstering in a vehicle or re-holstering either but at the same time I didn't want to really deal with any drama and just wanted to know why I broke out in hives.

What'd you have done?

And yes, I did have to remove my shirt so the gun would have been visible.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Depends on apperal. I usually have cargo shorts on and my daily carry can easily dissappear in them, if need be. If i had a full size daily carry and jeans or something on, i wouldve done the same thing.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Its nearly impossible to get an appointment with my regular doc, so we use the local clinic for little stuff (like allergies). I've just told the nurse I was carrying. No big deal.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I just got home from an appointment with a dermatologist. I have a man bag that I carry when belt carry is out of the question. My family doctor knows I carry.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Never had an issue with my firearm in the presence of my doctor or his nurses. If I need to take anything off, I just remove the entire holster. (no coon-fingering)

Since a doctor's office is not a prohibited area, then I don't see a problem. If my doctor did have a problem, then I suppose that I would change physicians.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've had a couple of minor surgical procedures done my primary care physician (he used to be a surgeon and enjoys the work!), both times I took off my concealment shirt and left my gear on my belt. No one ever mentioned it.

Now, though, the entity that owns all the practices in my home town has put "no weapons" stickers everywhere. I don't know how I will be received if I need to expose a part of me for maintenance.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Thanks. It may have been different if I knew who the doctor or nurse would be, but seeing as it's an Urgent Care facility it could really be anyone. I don't see the doctor enough to require a 'regular' one, or one that I'd know by name. *knock on wood*

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My regular Doctor usually talks gun stuff for 20 min before he ever asks whats wrong with me.
    The few times I've went to an urgent care it was never an issue either

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    My wife is my Dr./my Dr. is my wife, no real issues, I think she knows.

I carry a backpack with trama/fire power, if it is going to be a deal I just carry my backpack, no stress.

Top Bottom