Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by chipbennett View Post
    If I am dressed, and it is lawful to carry, I am carrying. So, yes: when I am home, and dressed, I'm carrying. Not only do I carry at home from an always-be-prepared perspective, but I have also found it to be very useful in normalizing my children to the presence and proximity of firearms. My normal method of carry is OWB with a concealing outer shirt, but when at home, I'm often just in a tshirt, without the outer shirt to conceal. So, if I go out to grill dinner, there is every chance that a neighbor may also see me carrying - as well as any of the kids at the playground directly across the street from our house. (Though I doubt any of them have taken time away from their basketball games to notice what the OFWG might or might not have on her person.)
    Normalization of gun carry is a big part of why I tend to OC around the house. My neighbors have known me for decades. They know that they can count on me if they need a tool, help around the house or in an emergency. I'd like to believe that knowing who I am and knowing that I carry makes them look at guns a bit differently.
    Tim

Yes
    NRA Instructor/Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    Normalization of gun carry is a big part of why I tend to OC around the house. My neighbors have known me for decades. They know that they can count on me if they need a tool, help around the house or in an emergency. I'd like to believe that knowing who I am and knowing that I carry makes them look at guns a bit differently.
    Open carried on my driveway all weekend, while breaking in a new smoker. Nobody cared: not the neighbor kid, or her friends, not the people walking dogs, or out for an evening stroll, not the teens playing basketball across the street.

Fight between neighbors ends in gunfire in Johnson County - Crime News - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Wonder what INGO usernames were involved.

Not REALLY sure what to make of this, yet.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    Fight between neighbors ends in gunfire in Johnson County - Crime News - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Wonder what INGO usernames were involved.

Not REALLY sure what to make of this, yet.
    The news article was rather sparse, which is what they all are, given that every news outlet wants to get the immediate scoop and follow-up is done only if the case is particularly salacious.

It is not surprising that the participant who can still talk (assuming the other guy in ICU can't) tells his side, and it is, not surprisingly, favorable to him. Doesn't hurt that he has relatives that seem to make themselves available to the media.

All that being said, T.Lex is right; too early to know what to make of it.

Grandmaster LockStocksAndBarrel's Avatar
    Good fences make good neighbors. Build one for crying out loud!
    God bless America!

Practicing traditional carry.

Originally Posted by
    eric001YUP! It's the difference between using purple and being purple...

Quote Originally Posted by mom45 View Post
    See....this is exactly what I mean. It's no wonder my house never gets dusted and the grass needs mowed.
    New fancy mower. That'll get it done. Neighbor across the street made his kids mow the lawn when it got too high. Then he bought a brand new shiny green ZTR. Now he proudly mows like 3 times a week whether it needs it or not. And it's been two seasons of that. I have to say, that's some serious sticker pride.

Current Trump Approval rating: +8.

Latest:
    Bumped back up to 8 (from 7) for pulling out of the Paris Accord. **** that noise.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7