• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Obviously they wouldn't charge the homeowner. She wasn't the shooter. Too bad the woman has to deal with a man getting dieing in her house on top of being burgled.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    1. What kind of idiot does a home invasion in Georgia?
    2. I wonder if the shooter actually shot his buddy on purpose to give himself more time to escape the scene.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hmmm. You have a point. You probably can't swim fast enough to get far enough away.

https://www.thoughtco.com/how-fast-can-a-shark-swim-2291556
    The general rule of thumb is that sharks can cruise at about 5 mph (8 kph), the speed of the fastest Olympic swimmer. If you're just a good swimmer, they have you beat. But often they are swimming around at a slower speed of about 1.5 mph (2.4 kph).
    But sharks can swim much faster when they are attacking, about 12 mph or 20 kph, the speed of a running human on land. You're not going to be able to swim away fast enough, you'd need a boat or jet ski or some other equipment.
    [h=3]Fastest Shark Shortfin Mako Swims 31 mph[/h]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    https://www.thoughtco.com/how-fast-can-a-shark-swim-2291556
    The general rule of thumb is that sharks can cruise at about 5 mph (8 kph), the speed of the fastest Olympic swimmer. If you're just a good swimmer, they have you beat. But often they are swimming around at a slower speed of about 1.5 mph (2.4 kph).
    But sharks can swim much faster when they are attacking, about 12 mph or 20 kph, the speed of a running human on land. You're not going to be able to swim away fast enough, you'd need a boat or jet ski or some other equipment.
    Fastest Shark Shortfin Mako Swims 31 mph

Or, I could deploy my decoy killer whale.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    wouldn't you want a decoy person?

Regardless, I hope the decoy works better than my plan to avoid jellyfish when I found myself in a school of jellyfish.
    apparently, pee is not a deterrent.

The decoy killer whale is to scare the sharks away after I made the mistake of stabbing my diving buddy in the thigh and only then did I realize that I couldn't swim away fast enough to not get eaten too.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Hot off the press/tv...Michael Phelps is set to swim against a great White for shark week.
    I believe they are touting he can swim at 6 mph and his adversary the shark up to 30 mph.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Rule No. 1: Don't get out of the boat.

23d4dc58a5f28d747763d37f77ff3ce604dffdca.gif

Top Bottom