• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No shots fired. Everyone is OK.

Coming out of Wal-Mart with socks, underwear and pre-shave oil (Shave Secret). I saw him exit the cab and pretend to hang out in front of the Wal-Mart.

His eyes said pills, but his teeth said Meth. The smell was that sour, festering smell of indolence and mopery.

He waited until I throw my gear in the back of the truck (4 door Tacoma) and started the quick paced shuffle step of a predator at the water hole, hands with reverse grip of a knife or screwdriver. Saw him coming, I knew I could not outrun him, so I draw him into where I have training and I have chance, in close.

I zigzag through the cars and use a Jeep (he can't climb over this) as the bush. I put the Jeep between him and me and try to suck him into a position where I have a clear background as I know the Federal HSTs will punch right through him.

We start to play "round the Mulberry bush" when I order/ask, "can I help you?" I have my fence up and I have made the decision based on his reaction. I will not shoot him, he will force me to shoot him.

I am looking for a flanker, but see none. He puts away whatever he had. "I don't know anyone in this town." "Yeah, me neither."

As a man of a certain age. I do not carry my cell phone but a nice lady with Carroll County FFA plates took a photo of him.

I'll meet with the detectives in the morning.

It was 12:45PM. Sunday. Bright sunny day with lots of people around.

I was lucky. I had no kids to mind. I had no spouse to talk to me as I returned to my vehicle. I had my head up and I saw him coming.

I was wearing a Pacers T-shirt (yellow) and blue jeans. I would speculate that it was the color of my shirt. Dopers I have talked to lock into colors.

Head on a swivel, even if it is the middle gosh darn day.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Man! They're really PO'd about that court room thingy, that they'd send a hit-man after you....

Seriously though, glad you are unhurt and can tell the story.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Wow, that is a hairy situation.

The closest I have had is similar but no weapon evident weapon My reaction was to raise my left hand and put my right on my pistol and command back off. I was pleased that he did.

My knees are so bad that the flight response is not an option.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Man! They're really PO'd about that court room thingy, that they'd send a hit-man after you....

Seriously though, glad you are unhurt and can tell the story.

I anticipate the county to come at me for that as well.

I will make the papers in a couple of months over the crap .gov has tried to pull in other cases. Plus I get to testify in front of the General Assembly over the crap they have pulled.

However, very unikely that Tweeker McMopey is part of their retaliation plan.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I anticipate the county to come at me for that as well.

I will make the papers in a couple of months over the crap .gov has tried to pull in other cases. Plus I get to testify in front of the General Assembly over the crap they have pulled.

However, very unikely that Tweeker McMopey is part of their retaliation plan.

Maybe a tweaker is all they could afford to hire? Vinny was too expensive? :):

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I just came home from Walmart to read this. Glad you are OK.

Mr. Meth Mouth is working too hard. At my local Walmart he could just walk in the door, grab whatever he wanted, and leave. Judging by the security vids the local police are always putting up they don't do anything to impede shoplifters. Much less dangerous than playing ring-around-the-rosie with some body who might not be prey.

I find it kind of interesting the guy took a cab to Walmart to mug somebody.

Top Bottom