• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    I know it's been discussed ad nauseum but I'm am going to be headed to the Purdue campus this afternoon and want to make sure it's ok to carry there. I think I've read that the laws don't include universities but can't find it specifically. Thanks!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You are correct. In Indiana, colleges and universities are not statutorily gun-free zones.

I'm sure you're aware, however, that it's against "policy". And I've heard (even from a few posts/discussions here) about how non-compromising their campus police are. And, yes, they are indeed campus police.

Also be aware that there's a CHANCE that there's a licensed day-care or two on campus. Look up the buildings you're going to be in to see if they may be, in face, statutorily gun free zones.

pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    I don't plan on really visiting inside any buildings. I can see how the police can have different views on legality and not understanding that their policy is not state law. But at that point it becomes a fight to prove your point of view which is not worth it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't plan on really visiting inside any buildings. I can see how the police can have different views on legality and not understanding that their policy is not state law. But at that point it becomes a fight to prove your point of view which is not worth it.

Basically if asked to leave the campus, you should leave. Otherwise you risk being tresspassed.

Just keep it covered and you should be fine.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Don't open carry and be careful not to print. You'll be fine. The worse is that they'll politely ask you to leave and by polite, I mean most likely overreact but that would mean they somehow saw your gun but how could that be if you were careful and casual

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Officially it is against university policy to carry on campus. I don't know about main campus but here at IPFE our police department is an extension on the Fort Wayne PD so they are true officers not rent-a-cops.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Officially it is against university policy to carry on campus. I don't know about main campus but here at IPFE our police department is an extension on the Fort Wayne PD so they are true officers not rent-a-cops.

Policy =/= law. As previously mentioned, worst case is trespassing if asked to leave and you refuse.

Top Bottom