Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kydex Pocket Holster Suggestions?

I pocket carry every day. Usually a Sig P938 in a Mika pocket holster. It's been great. But as my son has turned 2, I don't feel as comfortable with it. Especially when he wants to sit on my lap. I use a Remora holster for my LCP, but don't carry that very often.

So I want to try something with kydex that covers the trigger and safety, but is still easy to draw.

Any suggestions from people who have actually carried a pocket kydex holster?

I'm working with a Cross Breed Cargo Carry. Looks like I'm carrying a small book if I use a front pocket, but it is a solid design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Objective standards are meaningless if people are not held to them.
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by GNRPowdeR View Post
    I'm working with a Cross Breed Cargo Carry. Looks like I'm carrying a small book if I use a front pocket, but it is a solid design.
    That doesn't look comfortable at all. Is the Kydex/gun against your thigh?

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierLife View Post
    I pocket carry every day. Usually a Sig P938 in a Mika pocket holster. It's been great. But as my son has turned 2, I don't feel as comfortable with it. Especially when he wants to sit on my lap. I use a Remora holster for my LCP, but don't carry that very often.

So I want to try something with kydex that covers the trigger and safety, but is still easy to draw.

Any suggestions from people who have actually carried a pocket kydex holster?
    IMHO Alabama Holsters are the best Kydex pocket holsters around. Unlike some on INGO, I believe that pocket carry can be done safely. AS LONG AS some basic safety rules are followed.

Using a Kydex pocket holster is one of the rules that I have. After using several different types of pocket holsters, I believe that Alabama is the best. I am NOT a paid sponcer / advertiser. Just a really happy customer who has owned several holsters from this company.

Pocket Holsters | Alabamaholster.com

I will warn you, they are not a super speedy operation though. It takes a couple of months for them to make and ship your holster to you. But many of the custom holster makers have that same turn time or much worse.
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal

Quote Originally Posted by worddoer View Post
    IMHO Alabama Holsters are the best Kydex pocket holsters around. Unlike some on INGO, I believe that pocket carry can be done safely. AS LONG AS some basic safety rules are followed.
    That's interesting. Why do they think it can't be done safely?

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

I've always used the DeSantis Nemesis as a pocket holster, and nothing else in that pocket. I've had 0 issues with it
    The best way to have your gun when you need it, is to always have your gun.

Detroit Holster's John R Pocket holster. I have one for my LCP and it's perfect.

Pocket Holster Detroit Holster John R
    If in doubt: tap, rack, bang

Google BORII KYdex holster

Quote Originally Posted by worddoer View Post

Using a Kydex pocket holster is one of the rules that I have. After using several different types of pocket holsters, I believe that Alabama is the best. I am NOT a paid sponcer / advertiser. Just a really happy customer who has owned several holsters from this company.

Pocket Holsters | Alabamaholster.com

I will warn you, they are not a super speedy operation though. It takes a couple of months for them to make and ship your holster to you. But many of the custom holster makers have that same turn time or much worse.

I just bought one from Vedder. Pocket Locker - Vedder Holsters

Seems very similar to Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by mgdiaz1993 View Post
    I've always used the DeSantis Nemesis as a pocket holster, and nothing else in that pocket. I've had 0 issues with it
    Me too. But I'm interested if someone comes across something better. I carry a shield and depending on which pants I ware it can print pretty bad, especially when I'm sitting. Not sure if Kydex would be a better option than the DeSantis though.

I don't use the safety on my shield anyway so it's not really a big concern that the holster doesn't cover it. But it would be an issue for someone who does have/use a safety.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast