• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    It doesn't seem like an improvement on "run, hide, fight" and given the author's poor-mouthing armed resistance, my reaction was the same as gregr's

It's NOT a better mouse-trap. I'll give it a C-

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't necessarily find anything WRONG with the article. Though, if you make the acronym any longer, it will need punctuation.

The effectiveness of "Run, Hide, Fight" is the simplicity. Just like "Stop, Drop, Roll" that even my 1st grader understands and can act on.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    I think article and ALICE practices described are great for the 80% - 90% of unarmed individuals, and useful for the rest of us in situations where we are disarmed, or can't find a way to put a safe backstop behind the target. It's about 1000% better than shelter in place. I give it an A-

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    It was a decent article, it just expanded on the theme of "Run, Fight, Hide". The only thing that I was concerned about was the inclusion of the video from Everytown in which two signs of someone planning a mass shooting are reading gun mags and watching gun vids. Granted there were some genuine red flags in there (like the kid being bullied) but I date say that a lot of people will not be taking all of the supposed warning signs in context and instead be clutching their pearls at every gun mag thinking that each sold will inspire a school shooting.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I actually think that the current training program is decent. I believe it's Run, Hide, Fight for the medical peeps. I've watched it a couple times now, it seems decent for non-gun people and illustrates a decent starting ground regarding improvised weapons and whatnot.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The first option should be...RETURN FIRE! That running away crap is just unmanly.

( hate it when I reply to the first page and here I am on the second being second to say the same thing...:cool:)

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    The first option should be...RETURN FIRE! That running away crap is just unmanly.

( hate it when I reply to the first page and here I am on the second being second to say the same thing...:cool:)

Sounds good to me. Train every citizen in proper and safe firearm handling from an early age then issue handguns and holsters. Unfortunately, not everyone agrees. Meanwhile the procedure suggested by ALICE is much better than 'cower in place'

Top Bottom