• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So my wife is set on going to Disney world in Florida planning on taking it driving. Will drive trough Kentucky Tennessee Georgia Florida on way there and then also South Carolina North Carolina on way back. Any ideas on carting in car in these states and also what to do to get Florida carry. I presume I can not carry at Disney itself.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Family and I went back Feb of this year and I carried there and back with no issues. Carrying into the park is a no go as they now make everyone walk through metal detectors and wand adults as you are walking in.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    On the way down I think most of the state's are "inform if asked". So if you are pulled over and asked if you have a gun you must answer truthfully.
    Also some of the state's, like Florida don't allow you to carry into a place that serves alcohol

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    On the way down I think most of the state's are "inform if asked". So if you are pulled over and asked if you have a gun you must answer truthfully.
    Also some of the state's, like Florida don't allow you to carry into a place that serves alcohol

By places that serve alcohol, does that apply to all restaurants or does that apply to the 51% of sales rule and the bar areas of restaurants? I honestly don't know, but I would think if that applied to all restaurants, that would become a YUGE hindrance to all persons who carry

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    We went to Disney last month, no worries except the park. They made me go through two security check points at each park and empty my pockets FYI. Disney was pretty cool actually, just have a plan on how to get to your car if needed!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Disney doesn't even like active Florida LEO to carry while in their parks.

Their security theater has definitely morphed into actual security. Be prepared for metal detectors. If/when we go, I'm going to contemplate carrying a J-frame in a belly band WAY down low behind my belt buckle. And I MAY very well have to get a bigger belt buckle that'll take the hit on the metal detector in order for it to work. Or fashion something that's going to look like an insulin pump or something.

OR I won't carry in the park and trust that security is doing their job/s.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    If you are staying on Disney property, know that they have a policy that carrying in the parks is VERY difficult... Think worse than Banker's Life Fieldhouse, but less than TSA.
    The Mouse does provide an option at several of their Resorts to store your firearm in a Bank-like Safety Deposit Box. Inform when you check-in that you want to speak with the Mgr on duty.
    They have you fill out some paperwork and it includes a second person that is allowed to access the box (I suggest that all couples each get their LTCH, just for situations like this) and then a Security officer, the Mgr, and yourself will all go into a room. You are not allowed to stow a loaded firearm, so be prepared to unload the firearm and leave spare mags in the box.
    They have no issue with you coming back to take the firearm with you on a day trip away from Disney property and then check it back in when you return.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Yeah I figured Disney itself would be a no go.this has me thinking maybe we should have a thread kept up to date on each states carry laws. Or stupid trump could push through recricrocity and make life simple.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Where would the hotels fall in the grand scheme of things for Disney? Does a hotel not fall under the castle doctrine? Do they allow you to keep firearms while staying in the hotel or do they want you to stow them while staying? Asking for a friend.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Where would the hotels fall in the grand scheme of things for Disney? Does a hotel not fall under the castle doctrine? Do they allow you to keep firearms while staying in the hotel or do they want you to stow them while staying? Asking for a friend.

If it was found in the room then they would (I believe) ask you to leave the property... Policy is not allowed on property, but they understand that coming to and leaving you should be able to protect yourself and your family, but when on property they want you to be able to relax and rely on their protection services.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    i always locked it up in the safe in the room, and took the key with me during exursions. But i'm sure they have a spare key... before the metal detectors, the guards pulled me aside because one saw my sog clip on the outside of my pocket. He didn't like my answer when he asked we what i needed it for. "to cut my steak". made me rent a 50 cent locker outside the gated area, after they gathered all my information of course. The mouse knows all.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    By places that serve alcohol, does that apply to all restaurants or does that apply to the 51% of sales rule and the bar areas of restaurants? I honestly don't know, but I would think if that applied to all restaurants, that would become a YUGE hindrance to all persons who carry

If a state's carry laws prohibit carry in a place that serves alcohol, it usually, emphasis on usually, is defined by the type of alcohol license the establishment has. Louisiana's carry law is an example. You would have to look it up state by state, but would presume at the very least it covers taverns, lounges, night clubs, "gentlemen's" clubs, etc., where the primary business is alcohol. You should also presume carrying while intoxicated or impaired is also a crime, and you might be surprised how low the blood alcohol limit is compared to the DWI limit. Bottom line is reading all the carry laws yourself in all the states in which you plan to carry.

Even if there was reciprocity mandated by federal law, which I would welcome, you'd still be subject to individual state laws, and in some cases city or county ordinances (e.g. Chicago, Baltimore, etc.) restricting when, where and how you can carry.

John

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Florida is no carry while drinking at all. Not even a beer.
    Also no carry inside anywhere that even serves alcohol, so even a restaurant. And deffinately no bars.
    And it's just inform if asked on a traffic stop.

In your room at the resort you can legally carry. Make.sure you have it hidden in your luggage if you are leaving the room.

If you get caught with it in the park you will most likely be banned forever. But legally they can't do **** except trespass you. It IS possible to make it past their Mickey mouse security with a gun.
    Same with universal.
    They aren't very thorough at either if you know what you are doing even half way.

If people with good intentions and little to no training on hiw to thwart security checkpoints can get past their security with a gun then you better believe terrorists or criminals who live daily in the realm of evading police and detection can and do do it.
    I don't put my safety in anyone else's hands and I'm deffinately not going to act like someone's ***** and tell them I have a gun so they can lock it in a hotel lockbox for me and to instantly and forever flag my name in their system as a potential security threat because I'm known to have firearms. And believe me no security worth their weight in salt wouldn't store that free information for later

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Kentucky: no carry if alcohol is served. Must inform if asked.
    Tennessee; must inform IF ASKED. No gun Signs hold the weight of law. No drinking while carrying.
    Georgia: do not have to inform. Long guns must be unloaded in vehicle. No carry in a bar.
    Alabama (if you go over that far for sightseing): inform if asked.
    Florida: I already covered above

If traveling that far from home the only question id be asking is why you wouldn't carry at least 1 pistol and a rifle with several mags. No one i know or hang out with wouldn't.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    As of last year both USF and WDW parks have implemented airport style metal detectors and security at the entrances. FYI

Yes, who s running them and the procedures they take after you set it off is the key though. They run bags through scanners too.
    After you set the date for off they want you. Once they find the metal item that set it off no thorough check is done

Top Bottom