• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Noticed the other day as I was walking into the Ale Emporium in Castleton that they have recently added very large signs stating: "Patrons prohibited from carrying weapons or firearms on this property" with a crossed out Desert Eagle picture. Why would a business that's been under the same ownership for over 30yrs choose to put up a sign like this? Didn't slow me down as I CC but I guess I won't OC my Desert Eagle next time I want wings. Do their steak knives count as "weapons"?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Huh. I haven't been there in a while but I will still go there, and carry when I do it. Good food, and sometimes a friends band plays there.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Wow! Haven't heard any mention of "The Ale" for a long time. I lived very near it for a while, 30-something years ago, and went there often. It was a very popular place back then.

As for the sign, just another reason to CC. (shrug)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    2 months ago, my wife and I were siting outside eating as I was watching them place those stickers in the windows. While CCing my G19 ;)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The last time I was there the entire table was CC'ing. Signs. Pffttt.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Maybe they had a complaint from a patron who believes a sticker and no guns would make that place a safer place? :dunno:

Gun-card.jpg

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Maybe they had a complaint from a patron who believes a sticker and no guns would make that place a safer place? :dunno:

Gun-card.jpg

I can't help but wonder if any actual combat veterans would carry this card. I can understand being 'confronted' by armed individuals being a trigger, but I wouldn't consider the presence of a holstered weapon a confrontation.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I can't help but wonder if any actual combat veterans would carry this card. I can understand being 'confronted' by armed individuals being a trigger, but I wouldn't consider the presence of a holstered weapon a confrontation.

Not a trigger. Not in the slightest. The more guns I see the better I feel.
    Like the cops say, keep your coon fingers off yours and I won't have to kill you with one of mine

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

It's apparently from a real vet.Unless this guy is fraud and never never served.

Cards Warning That Guns Scare Veterans Are Popping Up in Texas. Combat Veterans are Pissed. | Tribunist

And yes to be "confronted by armed individuals" means angry people are pointing guns directly at me.
    If I see a cop with his gun holstered it's not a confrontation.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I hope the state passes a law banning businesses from stopping people from exercising their constitutionaly protected rights

At the same time business owners should have the right to ban anyone from their store or restaurant.

If someone walks in with a gun and he's being unsafe, waving the gun around, then business owners should be able to kick the guy out.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    At the same time business owners should have the right to ban anyone from their store or restaurant.

If someone walks in with a gun and he's being unsafe, waving the gun around, then business owners should be able to kick the guy out.

If they are being unsafe then yes. There's also laws for that. But if not then I disagree a business has the right to ban you simply for exercising a right

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN

That is called, "Criminal Recklessness with a Firearm". It is a felony in IN. Not an issue for those of us who are responsible, legally armed Hoosiers/Americans.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Antigunners are sometimes veterans too. So are some.murderers and rapists.
    Their opinion matters to me as much as the last crap I took

Plus if he's an actual veteran he took an oath to uphold the constitution, including the right of the people to carry guns in restaurants.
    Now if he really has PTSD and seeing people with guns troubles him then I hope he can get some help as it's a serious problem (especially in the US).
    But if he's just using the PTSD excuse to drive his own anti-gun agenda it's just pathetic.

Top Bottom