www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    SMH.

So let me get this straight. Men invade his home using illegal weapons, and he gets his hand on one and uses it against them. Because he now has possession of the illegal gun, he is guilty of using it to protect his life?!?!??

I want to ask the prosecutor this question; WT actual F do you expect this person to do? Lay down and be killed? How does this prosecution help anyone except the criminals who invaded his personal space illegally?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    SMH.

So let me get this straight. Men invade his home using illegal weapons, and he gets his hand on one and uses it against them. Because he now has possession of the illegal gun, he is guilty of using it to protect his life?!?!??

I want to ask the prosecutor this question; WT actual F do you expect this person to do? Lay down and be killed? How does this prosecution help anyone except the criminals who invaded his personal space illegally?
    Throw in the guy was also dealing drugs and was targeted because of it.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Then charge him for dealing drugs. The charges for self defense are rediculous.

Exactly. They have him charged with possession with intent to distribute, but frankly, I've seen those charges used to unnecessarily beef up a prosecutors case against someone arrested for possession here in the states, to try to force the person to plead out. Not sure how it works in Canada, but often in the US, a prosecutor throws the book at a defendant just to get them to plea to a lesser charge and avoid an actual trial (which frankly, I find an odious practice).

Don't believe me? Take a look at this nonsense.

Woman Spends A Month In Jail After Cops Mistake SpaghettiOs For Meth | HuffPost

They almost got a woman to plea guilty to meth possession (when she never had any) just to get the madness to stop and to get out of jail. Barbaric.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Canadians also do not enjoy free speech in the same sense we do. Apparently, most of them don't care about that or about the fact that they face legal repercussions from exercising their human right of self-defense.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Canada may look a lot like the US, feel a lot like the US, but there are key differences. This is one of them. Health care in Canada is a lot different too. It's great if you need something minor, not so great if you need life-saving treatment and time is of the essence - good luck.

My wife is Canadian, and I haven't spent that much more time in Canada than most other Americans, but I've spent some. My general impression, even from the language of the signs on their highways, but also from posts like this one, is that the relationship between the Canadian government and the Canadian people is more like a parent child relationship than what we are used to here - of the people, by the people, for the people. Canada is NOT that.

Top Bottom