Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
    ?

Didnt they used to have the law written that you could only carry concealed, and even if the outline of the gun was visible it was not considered concealed? I'm talking 10 years ago or more possibly.

EDIT: From a FAQ on the old CHL law:

What does “concealed” mean?
    Concealed means that the weapon cannot be visible, and that its presence cannot be discernible through ordinary observation.
    Last edited by Cameramonkey; 4 Days Ago at 07:52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Didnt they used to have the law written that you could only carry concealed, and even if the outline of the gun was visible it was not considered concealed? I'm talking 10 years ago or more possibly.

EDIT: From a FAQ on the old CHL law:

What does “concealed” mean?
    Concealed means that the weapon cannot be visible, and that its presence cannot be discernible through ordinary observation.
    The FAQ does not correctly state the (old) definition of a concealed handgun. The legislature applied its ability to write sentences that nobody can quite figure out exactly what they mean to the old definition, like using the words "openly discernible." Not just "discernible", but "openly" discernible. Whadduzatmean?

The effective working definition of this became as long as it's covered, it's concealed. Short of showing some part or all of the handgun (and even then inadvertent displays didn't count), you would not have been bothered for any level of "printing" short of this, I think:

and maybe not then. Since the inception of concealed carry in Texas, the yearly total of license holders convicted of anything has hovered very closely to about 100 per year. I never heard of anyone convicted of failing to conceal. Or even arrested for it.

But having a bulge, a big "point" where the grip juts out, an L-shaped outline, not an issue.

"Printing" was never a problem in Texas, except on the gun forums.
    Last edited by Alamo; 4 Days Ago at 11:38.

Thanks, Alamo.

But my original point stands. Concealed means concealed. Not kinda concealed. Concealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

I have been attending unarmed. After reading this thread maybe I won't in the future.
    www.shootingsportschannel.com

They had metal detectors set up on Saturday at the main gate on 38th St.

We parked directly across 38th from that main gate.

$12 x 3 for admission (Thankfully, little man is still free)... Plus a ton of delicious fair food and rides for the kids. That's all we ever purchase.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Jet beams can't melt steel fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    They had metal detectors set up on Saturday at the main gate on 38th St.

We parked directly across 38th from that main gate.

$12 x 3 for admission (Thankfully, little man is still free)... Plus a ton of delicious fair food and rides for the kids. That's all we ever purchase.
    Same!

Except for the kid-young-enough-to-get-in-free part. Couldn't do the drive-in parking at the time we got there, so had to park south of 38th St.*

Was surprised to see the metal detectors at the 38th St. entrance. Was worried about losing my pocketknife, but put it at the bottom of the little tray and dude didn't even dig around.

Did not have my pistol on fair grounds, because - unlike LEO/retired-LEO - I'm concerned about having it confiscated if I am found possessing it. Plus, it always seems like the ISP has a lot of uniforms around, so I do consider it a low-risk environment. Except for the food. And the rides.

I can neither confirm nor deny having violated other parts of IAC at other times.

* In the queue in the parking lot leaving, there was a complete b***h who openly rejected the social norms by not letting us alternate between her and the car in front of her, along with refusing to let someone else in front of her later. People suck.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    Same!

Except for the kid-young-enough-to-get-in-free part. Couldn't do the drive-in parking at the time we got there, so had to park south of 38th St.*

Was surprised to see the metal detectors at the 38th St. entrance. Was worried about losing my pocketknife, but put it at the bottom of the little tray and dude didn't even dig around.

Did not have my pistol on fair grounds, because - unlike LEO/retired-LEO - I'm concerned about having it confiscated if I am found possessing it. Plus, it always seems like the ISP has a lot of uniforms around, so I do consider it a low-risk environment. Except for the food. And the rides.
    I had my two super duper scary semi-automatically assisted opening assault Zero Tolerance knives under my phone in the basket. Left my flashlight in my pocket. Walked right through. The content of the baskets weren't ever jostled around. I, too, was worried that I was going to have to run them back to my car.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Jet beams can't melt steel fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    Same!

I can neither confirm nor deny having violated other parts of IAC at other times.

* In the queue in the parking lot leaving, there was a complete b***h who openly rejected the social norms by not letting us alternate between her and the car in front of her, along with refusing to let someone else in front of her later. People suck.
    As a retiree, if I go in through Gate 10, I can get into the Fair at no cost. AND... they don't even make me work the Fair anymore!

Other than long, hot days it used to be (and probably still is) a good detail for a Trooper.

So . . . other than the delicious, but potentially life endangering fair food, what is the allure of the fair if you don't have kids to entertain and you do not participate in 4-H competitions?

To me, big crowd = no bueno, regardless of their efforts to stymie carrying tools you might need.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Miracles Do Happen. lovemachine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    So . . . other than the delicious, but potentially life endangering fair food, what is the allure of the fair if you don't have kids to entertain and you do not participate in 4-H competitions?

To me, big crowd = no bueno, regardless of their efforts to stymie carrying tools you might need.
    I haven't been in years, so I got nothin'.

Best. Christmas. Ever.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...tmas-ever.html

Adoption Journey.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...ml#post6072842

Lost? Try GPS.
    God's Plan for Salvation.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast