• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Mrs. Bigtanker was having a health issue this morning and she got her first ride in an ambulance waaa2 (She's fine now btw).

I was in the lobby talking on the phone and the security guard noticed my Leatherman and my Kershaw clipped to my pants. He asked me to return them to my vehicle as they are against the weapons policy.

I wanted to lift up my sweater and ask if I this (my edc) is ok or not. But I bit my lip and returned the knives to my vehicle. My pistol stayed with me.

I know this hospital is not a prohobited place so I'm good!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I did think about opening up my leatherman and showing them all of the tools. The blade opens from the outside on my Rev.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Followed my 2 YO son and wife to Riley after a broken femur. Valet parked my car and I had to enter through the ER entrance. Officer with metal detector said I'd have to track down valet and leave my pistol. So I did. Then I came out the front entrance, grabbed by pistol and stayed 3 nights there. :p

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I bet that rent a cop feels like a badass now. :rolleyes:

Be nice.

All of Eskenazi's Security are Marion County Sheriff Deputys, they went through the Academy like all the rest of them (not sure about Mishawaka). They are a decent group of people (men and women) that every day deal with the "best" Indianapolis has to offer, since Eskenazi is the county safety net hospital - we take everyone.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Followed my 2 YO son and wife to Riley after a broken femur. Valet parked my car and I had to enter through the ER entrance. Officer with metal detector said I'd have to track down valet and leave my pistol. So I did. Then I came out the front entrance, grabbed by pistol and stayed 3 nights there. :p

They used a metal detector at a hospital?!?! Oy.

And he wanted you to leave an unsecured weapon in the same car that a stranger was controlling (the valet)?

Ugh.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Does that pass TSA?

I think that is the point of no blade. But how it passes with that saw is beyond me. Or maybe it doesnt. I wouldnt want to try it.

They used a metal detector at a hospital?!?! Oy.

And he wanted you to leave an unsecured weapon in the same car that a stranger was controlling (the valet)?

Ugh.

Most hospitals have a public door to the rest of the hospital from the ER for the public. Same hospitals also dont put metal detectors on the front doors. Just sayin.

Just make sure if you use that loophole its not a prohibited hospital like eskanazi.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    The mall ninja is strong with this one.

I once went to a music venue, and had security "search" me. They found and confiscated my pocket knife for the duration of the show, but missed my XDs and spare mags on my hip. If the establishment isn't willing to shell out big bucks for full TSA-style shakedowns, then they need to just let it go. Otherwise it's just feel-good measures!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Be nice.

All of Eskenazi's Security are Marion County Sheriff Deputys, they went through the Academy like all the rest of them (not sure about Mishawaka). They are a decent group of people (men and women) that every day deal with the "best" Indianapolis has to offer, since Eskenazi is the county safety net hospital - we take everyone.

St Francis uses a few security officers, but most are sworn officers moonlighting. Our security officers carry handguns. I am very thankful for their presence to keep the idiots in line.

We see SO MANY drugged out violent people in addition to the unstable mental health patients. Overwhelming force is a welcomed presence.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Wow! Over a leatherman even? I mean even a folder in the pocket is nuts. It would be different if you had some huge fixed blade knife strapped to you. With that said, I see where you are coming from hoosierdoc 100% but if you have a folder in the pocket or a leatherman on your belt I feel like it's taking it to the far end of it to be asked to remove it. However my wife works in the hospital and I know for a fact how many crazy people and drug addicts doing crazy things come through on a daily basis as well. I feel like there is a difference between tool and weapon when it comes to a knife such as a leatherman. However it is what it is, concealed is concealed I guess just like you said BT.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    There is some language in the law (I haven't looked it up) that says if the hospital has secure 24x7 area where prisoners or people under arrest are treated, then some area of the hospital is a Free Kill Zone, uh, I mean Gun Free Zone.

All else is just hospital policy. St.Vincent 86th Street has No Weapons signs at the entrances, but no secure area so it's against their policy to carry but not illegal.

fyi.

Top Bottom