Skinny guys IWB double stack Glock single or double clip holster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Just curious if any other really thin guys are IWB carrying a double stack glock, if so, are you using a single belt clip kydex holster, hybrid leather/kydex 2 belt clip, or something else?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'm 128 to 138 pounds depending on training cycle and 5'10". Couldn't ever get IWB to work for me. Appendix poked my upper leg funny when sitting and 3-5 o'clock hurt my hip bones. Yes, all tried with lots of quality holsters.

I OWB now in a JM Custom holster (highly recommended). It's no less concealable under a T-shirt for me and 1000X more comfortable. Only downside is I can't tuck in my shirt and CC.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm not as skinny as I used to be, but even when I was, I never really noticed any difference between single or double clips. I guess I've mostly had single-clip, but that wasn't really an intentional decision.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I’m not a skinny person, but I have tried different holsters in the past. I like having the ability to remove my gun without taking it out of the holster. So I require soft loops on all my holsters. Besides, soft loops are much more secure than clips.

I’ve been testing out a NSR Tactical IWB holster. So far I like it. But my preference is AIWB. And for that, I like the Archangel and Phlster.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I AIWB carry a Beretta M9A1 in an Archangel from Dale Fricke Holsters. Most comfortable way I've found for me to carry.

Last edited:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    With IWB / OWB, I've always found that two points of retention are better than one.

With my single clip stuff, I've noticed that they move around more as I'm moving, changing the training point that my hand has learned from dry practice and range time training.

Microairman1

Marksman
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    May 9, 2016
    New carlisle
    I carry a g19 in a onyour6 designs IWB single clip holster carrying at the 4 o clock position. I am pretty slim, around 5' 8", 160lbs. Mostly muscle, I am pretty slim, 30 waist. Very happy this setup, conceals easy with just a loose shirt. Although I am usually wearing a biker vest so it conceals under that very easy.

GreyState

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2017
    Ft Wayne
    I do the Raven Concealment Eidolon. What I like about it is the customization options related to fit. You can just about cover most body types, and configure it /set it up to not print via it's design. Downside is it's not cheap and limited in the models they produce for...If you're a Glock guy, you should be good to go.

G19Gen4MOS_RMR_Raven.jpg

Top Bottom