• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PaulWest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2017
    West
    Or been shot? Been shot at? Been a bystander to some sort of shooting?

None of the above, checking in. I live a quiet peaceful life. Ive always known of the possibility of needing a firearm for self defense. Vegas was the last straw - Im all in on maximizing my capacity for survival. As such, if anyone is willing to share some stories of some sticky situations, with the intention of extracting some useful information, I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Short answer to your questions.
    Never shot anyone except for paintball and bb gun wars when I was young.
    Sorta been shot at didn't like it and it wasn't from the activities mentioned above.
    Had a good friend shot right in front of me. The short of it is he lived and overall it was beyond stupid and totally avoidable.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've shot a bunch of folks and been shot a bunch also. The worst of it, yet most educational, was the bad shoots. I shot an innocent bystander and I shot a bad guy running away. Both were life changing.

Everyone that carries a firearm should participate in force on force training.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I've never shot anyone. I've been in staging down the street listening to gun fire... waiting to be able to get to the scene. I've seen directly the immediate effects of someone being shot. It is too early to tell...however I think just last night I was on a murder/ suicide.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Yes, I shot and killed a Home Intruder back when I was 18. Hope I never have to do it again but if that day comes, I will.

He shot me as he was shot too, twice. That was why I shot him.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've been shot at.
    30D5bbb.jpg

That's a bullet that parted my hair when I was 10 or 11. My buddies didn't know about gun safety and their parents didn't keep the revolver locked up. Long story short, my friend thought the .38 special was empty when he opened it and 5 bullets came out. It was a 6 shot.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    No, I haven't had to shoot anybody .....

THANK GOD .....

I also, hope I NEVER have to .....

I have been in a Sit., where I put my hand on my S&W,

Concealed under a T shirt, and said something like,

You sure you want to continue .....

He backed off .....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Getting shot at in paintball REALLY gave me some perspective on how terrifying it must be in real life. I know it's in no way the same, but my fear of stepping out and getting tagged sure was.

Other than that, I'm sure I've hit a few people with stray rounds on New Year's celebrations, when the Colts won the world series, the night Trump won, and so on. Does it count if you don't know where all your celebratory shots landed but given probabilities and such I'm sure I've hit at least one person

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have never shot anybody but I have been in three situtations where guns were drawn and one of those shots were fired but not by me and no one was hit.

Two of the three happened in my home town of Las Vegas when I was a teen. I was young and dumb and hung with the wrong crowd. One of my good friends was shot and paralized from the waste down while in our teens in Vegas as well.

As far as useful information, dont play stupid games and the risk of shooing or getting shot is greatly reduced. I assume everyone here already knows that though.
    As far as the recent Vegas shooing I fail to see how mag capacity would make any difference. But I agree and as much as I hate to say it, I would rather carry 17 rounds of 9 then 8 of 45 for my comfort zone.
    In the three instances I was in a gun was the right tool due to the confrontation was not right in my face and there was a definate life or death
    threat, but my goal for training in 2018 is for close encounters or force on force.
    That is what I want to improve at.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom