• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I just got an email saying my Second Call Defense policy was being cancelled as of Dec 31st. Anyone else? May be my payment method was declined...but wanted to check before I call them. I know there was some interaction with NRA Carry Guard too.

Thanks.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I just called them. Got a long recording stating they are losing their Lockton INsurance portion of my Carry Insurance...but planning to carry forward with new plans being in place, should I choose to sign up for one....before my current system goes out.

Sounds to me like its a carry on effect of NRA Carry Guard coming on to the market. I did also notice the prices for their plans are dropping...

Time to start shopping around again.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I got an email from lockton stating that my self defense insurance was being cancelled. I tried calling but did not have the time to be on hold. I wonder if Lockton is changing policy because of carry guard? I carried a self defense rider with Lockton before 2nd call or Carry Guard even existed, maybe I will just go back to that and avoid the drama.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I got an email from lockton stating that my self defense insurance was being cancelled. I tried calling but did not have the time to be on hold. I wonder if Lockton is changing policy because of carry guard? I carried a self defense rider with Lockton before 2nd call or Carry Guard even existed, maybe I will just go back to that and avoid the drama.

If you find out anything on that, let me know. It looks like I'll be looking at all my alternatives in the near future. I 'think' I have insurance through the end of the year...

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If you find out anything on that, let me know. It looks like I'll be looking at all my alternatives in the near future. I 'think' I have insurance through the end of the year...

Truth is most of that stuff is suspect anyway. I have met the 2nd call dudes and they impressed me as being legit. Lockton Risk is legit. So I went that route. There is a difference between insurance and a third party pot of money/legal advice club. The part of that has really taken off.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Saw this coming, gang... CG and the NRA are taking Lockton Risk and going their merry way. NRA actually tried to pressure buy the 2nd Call business and roll it into CG, but the owner wouldn't sell. That's (one of the reasons) why they (and others) were "un-invited" to the NRAAM in ATL.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am concerned about the NRA being in competition with other 2A groups.

I just sent this to NRA.

I am concerned that the NRA is competing with other 2A organizations. It is not right that you will not allow ither carry insurance companies display at the NRAAM. We are all in this together. It is unethical to act in this manner Personally I believe the NRA should divest itself of Carry Guard and not sell anything except the NRA.

You do not represent me when you refuse to mention SA and RRAs treasonous duplicity, cave on protecting our rights (bump stocks) and attempt to corner the carry insurance market to the detrement of othet 2A organizations. United we stand...

I fully expect the NRA to support legislation requiring carry insurance in the future. That is when I will know for sure that NRA is in it for the money and not for its members.

Blue Falcon *********

Last edited:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    From what I understand Second Call is restructuring. I got my cancellation notice but I was under the impression it would be back. Not doing NRA carry guard. No chance.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I'd like to hear some detailed real world reviews of these outfits. After claims have been made.

All the real world accounts that I read are on the company website trying to sell their products. Personally I hope I never find out if I am "wasting" money on a monthly fee. Kind of like the life insurance bill sent to me every month.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I'd like to hear some detailed real world reviews of these outfits. After claims have been made.

Recently I saw that there has been one case that has gotten to court when the defendant had insurance. They won the case. Happened this year, but on my phone and not easy to search / link...

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Its been quite the 'drama' weekend on this stuff.

Got an email saying my coverage was cancelled by Lockton as of Dec 31st.
    Called 2nd Call...they said they'd be announcing new plans.
    Get an email announcing new plans and a new underwriter...sounds pretty good.
    Get an email from the NRA saying I should switch to CarryGuard before my policy expires<--I found this one dirty and sours my opinion of CarryGuard even more
    Get an email from 2nd Call that says all I have to do is click a link to accept the re-done terms of my plan and it will continue on in to the future.

Haven't acted yet...but its been quite a week of drama around 2nd Call and Carry Guard. I do believe I will be sending a note to the NRA letting them know I didn't appreciate the drama and that I won't be signing up for their plan anytime soon...

Here's the opening line to the NRA email...

Your current insurance with Lockton Affinity is being non-renewed on 12/23/2017. You now have access to the most complete self-defense insurance–NRA Carry Guard.

And another closing line...

Prevent a lapse in your coverage
    Don’t forget that your current insurance with Lockton Affinity is no longer available after 12/23/2017. For your NRA Carry Guard Silver membership to be effective on 12/23/2017, you must sign up at least one day before to prevent any lapse in coverage.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I understand the relationship between Lockton and NRA, but Lockton should not be sharing their non-NRA customer list with NRA Carry Guard. NRA Carry Guard should not know that a specific 2nd Call customer is losing their coverage. Bad form all around.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I understand the relationship between Lockton and NRA, but Lockton should not be sharing their non-NRA customer list with NRA Carry Guard. NRA Carry Guard should not know that a specific 2nd Call customer is losing their coverage. Bad form all around.

Yes, bad form. Scurtlebutt is NRA wanted to buy 2nd Call. Their founder is an NRA board member. 2nd Call said no and Carry Guard was launched with a very similar offer. Big NRA supporter here, but this whole Carry Guard thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I was snooping plans last night. 2nd call looks to have less coverage $$ wise than their competition. Will shop around first but only other option i would consider at this point is USCCA coverage.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Yep...same opinion. Did my personal info get compromised?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I was snooping plans last night. 2nd call looks to have less coverage $$ wise than their competition. Will shop around first but only other option i would consider at this point is USCCA coverage.

Unfortunately I think you are correct. The price went down but coverage looks to have slipped a bit compared to Carry Guard. Throw in the annual NRA membership for my wife and CG actually comes out a bit cheaper. I checked out the direct NRA/Lockton policies and they have gone up in price significantly to where CG is the option. So for now it appears CG has out positioned 2nd Call. The one thing that attracted me to 2nd Call when they first started was their close affiliation as a business partner with the NRA. Now all this drama.

I will look at USCCA but to be honest their constant email barrage and training scams leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Unfortunately I think you are correct. The price went down but coverage looks to have slipped a bit compared to Carry Guard. Throw in the annual NRA membership for my wife and CG actually comes out a bit cheaper. I checked out the direct NRA/Lockton policies and they have gone up in price significantly to where CG is the option. So for now it appears CG has out positioned 2nd Call. The one thing that attracted me to 2nd Call when they first started was their close affiliation as a business partner with the NRA. Now all this drama.

I will look at USCCA but to be honest their constant email barrage and training scams leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I get so much junk mail I haven't paid any attention tot he USCCA stuff. My brother is a member but don't think he has insurance through them...just a membership of some sort.

Top Bottom