Shots fired at car thief...so who was it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In this day and age when Honor and social Morality are in the tank leaving your car running at the pump or anywhere else unattended is just stupid.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    In this day and age when Honor and social Morality are in the tank leaving your car running at the pump or anywhere else unattended is just stupid.

I witness this all the time at our local Family Express, just plain dumb. Might as well place a sign on the vehicle. My car is running and I am no where near by, take me!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As long as he hand his left hand at head level or above while firing (assuming right handed), I see no problem with this.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As long as he hand his left hand at head level or above while firing (assuming right handed), I see no problem with this.
    I take it you mean standing in front of the vehicle, signaling to stop? When I heard shots through the windshield I thought the vehicle thief was driving towards the owner. A vehicle is a deadly weapon, use of deadly force authorized. Shooting at someone for stealing your stuff? NO!! Loss of life, serious bodily injury? Sounds possible. No forcible felony since the keys were in the vehicle (in order to leave it running that's kind of needed.)

It was a Speedway, maybe four cameras caught it?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I take it you mean standing in front of the vehicle, signaling to stop? When I heard shots through the windshield I thought the vehicle thief was driving towards the owner. A vehicle is a deadly weapon, use of deadly force authorized. Shooting at someone for stealing your stuff? NO!! Loss of life, serious bodily injury? Sounds possible. No forcible felony since the keys were in the vehicle (in order to leave it running that's kind of needed.)

No.

tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States

The story says the victim ran outside when he saw someone was stealing his truck. It's hard for me to imagine that the truck was driving toward him, unless he ran in front of it. The windshield could've been knocked out from any angle of course.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The story says the victim ran outside when he saw someone was stealing his truck. It's hard for me to imagine that the truck was driving toward him, unless he ran in front of it. The windshield could've been knocked out from any angle of course.

You mean like shooting through the side windows from the side-rear? Yes, that would be shooting at someone for stealing your stuff opposed to from the front and your life is in danger. We'll see the video in a couple days, it'll probably be something completely different.

Jagunn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 24, 2014
    Brownsburg
    So you shoot at your vehicle while it’s being stolen because you left the keys in it, therefore even if you do get the perp to stop now you have self inflicted holes in your vehicle. If by chance you hit the perp while he’s driving away, chances are since your life wasn’t in danger you might get some unwanted heat yourself.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You can be standing with your vehicle, pumping gas, and still get carjacked. Had it nearly happen....my carry weapon scared them off once I drew it.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    If I leave my vehicle running while I pump I get a check engine light... I turn it off while I pump, especially since so many of the stations lately have 'printer errors' so I have to go inside anyhow.

Top Bottom