• Total voters

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've read comments about people starting to carry more for one reason or another. It got me wondering just how much INGOers carry.

So vote and leave an explanation if you wish.

Was there was a turning point where you changed you carry habits? What caused that change?

I've carried just about everywhere legal for more than 10 years.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Always if I can. I do not carry in to schools or the court house. Pretty much everywhere else.
    And yes that includes church every Sunday. I just switched from my j frame to a P938 this past Sunday.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I carry on my person everywhere it is legal. That includes church where the staff knows I am armed. I am likely not the only one carrying in our congregation.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I carry on my person everywhere it is legal. That includes church where the staff knows I am armed. I am likely not the only one carrying in our congregation.

As a fellow Greenwoodian who also carries in chuch... Can I ask where you attend? Feel free to PM me if you don't want it made public.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Not as often as I should.

Mon-Fri:
    I can't carry at work. I have my Shield in my laptop bag which goes with me to job sites (stays locked in the truck) and to my office. When I get off work I go to the gym, Shield stays in the bag.
    Sat:
    Pretty much everywhere I go I have either the Shied on my belt or Bodyguard in my pocket.
    Sun:
    Can't carry at church, end up not carrying the rest of the day because I left it at home when we left for church.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Mon-Fri:
    I can't carry at work. I have my Shield in my laptop bag which goes with me to job sites (stays locked in the truck) and to my office. When I get off work I go to the gym, Shield stays in the bag.
    Sat:
    Pretty much everywhere I go I have either the Shied on my belt or Bodyguard in my pocket.
    Sun:
    Can't carry at church, end up not carrying the rest of the day because I left it at home when we left for church.

Including work (which I tend to forget about), I would agree with you. Since I work in Michigan, I can't even have it in my vehicle. My company does random property checks with K-9 units. If I'm caught, I'm fired. But every waking moment of non work days, I'm armed, when legal.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Including work (which I tend to forget about), I would agree with you. Since I work in Michigan, I can't even have it in my vehicle. My company does random property checks with K-9 units. If I'm caught, I'm fired. But every waking moment of non work days, I'm armed, when legal.
    That is some suck right there. I can't carry while working, in theory. But I work at home 95% of the time. When I am out on business, I will sometimes keep a pistol in my computer bag if other employees would be around.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sun:
    How's come you can't carry at church? I carry in an ankle holster and no way anyone can tell.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I answered honestly - most of the time (whenever legal). The actual number is probably close to 90% of my waking hours, but that's not "always."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My church is also a school.

Again, not always a deal killer.

My church also has a K-8 school on the same parcel, along with a couple other buildings separate from the church. It is all one parcel though. There is enough gray area that someone could carry in the church during services without running afoul of the school GFZ laws.

Now, if it is a public school or one required to be licensed, then yeah. Don't do that. :)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Again, not always a deal killer.

My church also has a K-8 school on the same parcel, along with a couple other buildings separate from the church. It is all one parcel though. There is enough gray area that someone could carry in the church during services without running afoul of the school GFZ laws.

Now, if it is a public school or one required to be licensed, then yeah. Don't do that. :)

I literally walk in the school hallways to go to church. I attend the contemporary service in the gymnasium. Classrooms all around me.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I literally walk in the school hallways to go to church. I attend the contemporary service in the gymnasium. Classrooms all around me.

Yeaaah. Don't do that there. :D

Although, there may be some help coming on the legislation-from-the-bench side of things.

Top Bottom