• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If there's a gun that's of interest on the classifieds section, what best practices are recommended for conducting the transfer? What do INGO members typically like to do?

Just concerned about meeting someone I don't know in person and wanting to stay safe.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I always keep deals to daylight hours and i prefer a busy place. I like to do most deals at either Bass Pro or Cabelas, that way i can shop for whatever it may be i just bought, or spend a little if the cash i just received.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    In the daylight where there are cameras. It's pretty easy to go back and see what the person is about here on INGO.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Daylight hours
    Take backup with you
    Bring the correct amount of cash
    Be on time or early

I read in another thread like this that small gun shops don’t like parking lot deals. Their parking lot so it’s their rules. My rule is to not deal with them. I met an INGO guy at a small shop to buy brass. He then went in the shop and bought another Dillon powder drop.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Bring cash only, come by yourself, Lafayette Square Mall is best after dark. Don't worry about people stalking you or appearing to try to "box" you in or "steer" you to a deserted part of the mall. Be sure and go unarmed also, guns aren't allowed at LSM, mkay?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Go two hours early, insert your overwatch, come back 15 minutes early, cruise the area looking for an ambush. Bring the cash in small unmarked non sequential bills, in a black nylon duffel. Arrive at meet, hope everything goes well.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Bring cash only, come by yourself, Lafayette Square Mall is best after dark. Don't worry about people stalking you or appearing to try to "box" you in or "steer" you to a deserted part of the mall. Be sure and go unarmed also, guns aren't allowed at LSM, mkay?
    isnt the whole mall deserted?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    My PD allows people to sell in front of the station which i thought was pretty cool. You can also request an officer present for larger transactions.

I try to do it in large store parking lots at around lunchtime.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I seriously doubt you will have issues with Ingo people. I never have. Met so many of them in deals, helping them, them helping me, meet & eats, Meet & shoots you name it.
    The only issues I have meeting Ingo people FTF deals is the time it usually takes to get back on the road. The conversations are good. The folks are great.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I try to set up transactions in a dark alley, wee hours of the morning, alone, and I like to go in drunk. Don't judge me, we only get one life, and I like to live mine right on the line.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I like to look at people's feed back when dealing with them. I know that not everyone can have a lot of it, but it does help. Also, sometimes it just works out to ship things. Selling face to face I usually always just pick a parking lot somewhere and it's always very easy. I only buy and sell online stuff where I'll have to meet people on INGO due to the fact I feel like I can trust people differently than other mediums. I've been fortunate enough to never have a bad experience and several other INGO members I know personally feel the same.

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Although I haven't made a lot of deals, the few guns I have bought from INGOers have been transacted in the parking lot of my local PD. I have never had a seller object to trading there...I think it makes it easier for both parties.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Depends on how well I feel like I know them from posts here. One guy invited me to his house. I met another guy at his place of business. I had one guy's sister drop stuff here at the compound. But those were all regulars on INGO. Otherwise, I meet in parking lots at Walmart, local grocery store, etc. during daylight hours.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hardly ever any issue with INGOers over years and hundreds of trades. That's why you deal with INGO classifieds rather than those sites that have no way to vet who you are meeting with.

Always check iTrader and view their post history to see who exactly you are dealing with. If there is any concern, wait for the next deal.

Top Bottom