• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Went to the game Friday against ISU where Indiana didn’t even show up and got pounded the whole game. Anyway, that was the first time I have seen metal detectors being used. I don’t carry at the game because of the hassle with security and I need to get a ankle gun for that deep carry. Anyway just a heads up.

Also I saw several BPD officers all around and even seen two that was in full kit rocking ARs.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    People are scared and going to try do and do things to feel better even if it does not help the situation.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Yet another example of your tax dollars paying for security theater. I talked my way in with two large folding knives and a Leatherman even after setting off the metal detector and the "security" personnel seeing and commenting on one of them.

There were at least 6 armed LEO, one with full Tac gear including helmet and an AR with an Aimpoint plus 3 Cadets in front of our concession stand almost the entire game. All just standing around chatting, mostly oblivious to what was going on around them. Had someone in my position had evil intentions, they could have shot and and killed every one of them before the one with the AR figured out how to untangle the chin strap on his helmet from his rifle sling.

What a sad commentary on our society that we law abiding citizens are forced to pay for these State actors whose sole purpose was usurp our rights in violation of their sworn oath, and on state chartered and funded property. Oh well, at least the condiments across from our stand were safer with all of those people with guns huddled around them all night.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yeah, I heard they were doing all the security theater stuff now. Huge pain in the ass for people who are going there with a job to do and have to load gear in and out.

Refresh my memory: Isn't the entire IU campus including the stadium a legal no-go zone for CCW anyway?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    This'll be the new norm for all the big-kid level money-making athletics for the NCAA. Keep that in mind should you wish to attend other sporting events.

You'll likely not encounter it at DIV II or III.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Actually that wasn't for terrorism. That was done to protect Archie Miller from irate Hoosier fans.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Yeah, I heard they were doing all the security theater stuff now. Huge pain in the ass for people who are going there with a job to do and have to load gear in and out.

Refresh my memory: Isn't the entire IU campus including the stadium a legal no-go zone for CCW anyway?

Negative. Only K-12 in Indiana. If you're an employee/student then you're "bound" by their rules or face expulsion/firing, just like any other employer/private entity. IUPD has always had cops/cadets doing security at the games. Not sure when ESG started using metal detectors and when they invited BPD to play along in full kit, they used to just help out with traffic on the side streets. When I left there in 2014 none of that was going on.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Negative. Only K-12 in Indiana. If you're an employee/student then you're "bound" by their rules or face expulsion/firing, just like any other employer/private entity. IUPD has always had cops/cadets doing security at the games. Not sure when ESG started using metal detectors and when they invited BPD to play along in full kit, they used to just help out with traffic on the side streets. When I left there in 2014 none of that was going on.

Appreciate the clarification. My association with IU is over and done with, but I was still wondering about that in terms of visiting or passing through campus.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Went to a football game this weekend same thing.

sorry picture is flipped and I don’t feel like fixing it.

Attachments

• 5147939E-52E4-4BF2-9F3F-D8C3619FAE6B.jpg
      5147939E-52E4-4BF2-9F3F-D8C3619FAE6B.jpg
      78.4 KB · Views: 26
    Top Bottom