• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    In December we will be going to a Christmas show/play at a local college. I am 100% sure that campus policy prohibits firearms, but is it illegal, or just they ask you to leave if they know you have your pistol?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yep, you've got it. Not illegal, just against policy. Cover it up and enjoy the show.

If you do somehow get spotted you must leave if asked or risk being trespassed.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    is the local college in Indiana?

If so, do you have either an IN LTCH, LEOSA credentials, and/or another country or state's carry permit/license?

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Colleges and universities are private businesses and not covered under the K-12 school no go zone bull****. It's just campus policies. The worse they can do is kick you out if you are not a student and expel you if you are one. Other than that, conceal it, and act normal. It's been done all the time.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Pridgeon v. State asserts that colleges are not "school corporations" therefore all references to such in the Ind. Code are valid for K-12 only.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

If that story is factual and not a spoof, I like that they are encouraging people to take responsibility for their own safety. However, it's just as bad to detain someone because they choose to not carry a gun as it is to detain someone for carrying a gun. Methinks the right to keep and bear arms also includes the right to not keep or bear arms if you just don't want to do it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If that story is factual and not a spoof, I like that they are encouraging people to take responsibility for their own safety. However, it's just as bad to detain someone because they choose to not carry a gun as it is to detain someone for carrying a gun. Methinks the right to keep and bear arms also includes the right to not keep or bear arms if you just don't want to do it.

You should read some other Babylon Bee articles first...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Someone will come along soon and explain to us all, but the umpteenth time, what the "Babylon Bee" is.

I am not familiar. Its it akin to The Onion? I am also too lazy to google it, so just tell me. I'm not too lazy to get all whiney and keep bothering you about it until you tell me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am not familiar. Its it akin to The Onion? I am also too lazy to google it, so just tell me. I'm not too lazy to get all whiney and keep bothering you about it until you tell me.

It's a funnier (IMHO), Evangelical Christian satirical website.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

The Babylon Bee is indeed a satirical site with a religious slant, and has some pretty funny stuff. But at one point in early America (prior to "US" of America) men could be fined for not being armed at church. Meetings for worship were followed by inspection of arms of the militia members. I don't think they used metal detectors tho. :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The Babylon Bee is indeed a satirical site with a religious slant, and has some pretty funny stuff. But at one point in early America (prior to "US" of America) men could be fined for not being armed at church. Meetings for worship were followed by inspection of arms of the militia members. I don't think they used metal detectors tho. :)

Ah-HAH!

Thank you, sir!

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Since the thread's already hijacked, I'll pipe up with a "story" I heard some years ago.

A student at an English university, sitting for an exam, demanded the professor provide him with cakes and ale. He showed the prof a copy of an archaic university law that stated students should be provided cakes and ale for exams if they so demand. They negotiated and the prof brought the student a cheeseburger and a coke to satisfy the law. The next week, when exams were passed back, the student didn't get his paper returned. The professor said he could get his exam back, but first he had to pay the 2 pound fine for not wearing a sword to the exam.

Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    I carried semi-regularly to class for 4 years of college. As others have said, nothing illegal about it, and small risk if you aren't a student.

Top Bottom