• ...and so much more!
  • GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Last night was my first trip to a Fuel game. I'd thought I'd done my diligence in my research on their security... I was wrong.

This season, they've started using the same "walk through" detectors that show zones of concern to the attendant. I had to go back to my vehicle, but even with everything off my body (minus the CAT-T, carrier, and belt) I was still pinging the machine. The attendant said to his supervisor that it was only my shoes that were going off... I was wearing some safety toes that I didn't think were metal. I showed them that they were safety toe shoes and they allowed me to enter.

As of now, I've purchased a pkg of tkts for the season, so I'm going to see what will / won't work.

The only reason I'm considering attending more games is because the fair grounds is fenced, patrolled, and not walking the "open streets" to get back to my vehicle.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I ***** like all hell every time I have to walk through those mf’ers...

I made it clear that I wasn't pleased having to walk through one, especially when I was being flagged and didn't have anything on me. Still trying to find a contact with whom to discuss and direct frustration... Same company used @ BLF that are even less qualified to monitor these things than the TSA

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Wouldn't allow us in with ice skates one time, despite their being a "family skate" after the game. Something about sharp edges. Had to hump back to the car with kids (in the cold) and we were parked on the ****ing moon. Our solution was, don't go back to a Fuel game.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    And folks wonder why I rarely, if ever, attend any sort of "professional" sporting event. If I wanted to be treated like a criminal, I would commit a crime.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    First game of the season we got stopped while holding our toddlers so they could search our diaper bag. Keep the comments coming because I’m going to forward all of them to the Indy fuel office.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    First game of the season we got stopped while holding our toddlers so they could search our diaper bag. Keep the comments coming because I’m going to forward all of them to the Indy fuel office.

They charge too much for public skating too!

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I commented to the kid running the box I walked through that it was as bad as the TSA to attend any event around Indy. This is how the Pacers and Fever have lost my money and support. I don't attend concerts in Indy anymore because of the "security theater" that is posted at every event.

Hardening of a target doesn't equal making it impossible to for a law abiding citizen to protect themselves and their family. Everyone should be allowed to "feel good" about their safety from criminals.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Took my family to the Fuel game Tuesday night. My daughter went last year so I quized her on security. I decided to leave the Ruger at home (I don't like leaving guns in cars,if I had to return it if denied access). This was my first time at this venu, I decided to probe and test since we would be parking on the grounds. (No nasty walk from the satellite lot across the street.

I had my small Gerber folder, large collapsible baton and keys. Security had my wife open every pocket in her tiny purse. I joked with the guy in line behind me that I was going to light up the machine. I never got a chance. I put my keys and knife in the blue bowl an the gentleman immediately said that I would have to return it to my car. He wouldn't let me in with the baton either. After I returned I made sure to go to his station and he asked why I brought the baton. I said because I didn't think I could get in with my Gun. It was all pleasant and we chatted and wished each other well. I just hope they are monitoring the back doors too. He did ask if I was a cop, that should not matter I can pull out my concealed carry card and my Hendricks county emergency management card none trump my second amend or protecting my family.

I will go back but armed with ceramic plastic and bolo. The theater up front is for the sheep.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My wife and I normally attend 5-10 games a year but will not be this year due to this. I despise paying to being treated like a criminal,and absolutely refuse to do it in that neighborhood.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I'd say just get used to staying at home and/or attending various other types of events/hobbies. They installed metal detectors at Assembly Hall as well for this years basketball season. It is just a sign of the times. We have a country that has a huge percentage of the population that just has to consume ethanol on a constant basis. I don't care if people drink or not, but every weekend comes numerous videos of people at sporting events who can't function without consuming excessive amounts of alcohol. The government knows this, private businesses know this, colleges know this, etc.. However, we need the money from booze and banning it isn't practical. So part of the solution to terrorist targets and dealing with drunkards is to try and limit the amount of items that could be used in whatever fashion to harm another. It is just a liability measure and an attempt to do something. I don't see this concept going away anytime soon and in fact it will likely spread, especially if the technology gets cheaper as the years go on. I wouldn't even put it past various 4H county fairs to start using hand held devices in the future.

Top Bottom