• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    So I’ve got my license in Indiana and the state I’m moving to is texas who recognizes the Indiana license. My questions are, if I become a resident of Texas, will I have to obtain a new license in the state I’m a resident. And my other question, if I become a resident of Texas, does my current Indiana license remain valid or do I have to apply for a non resident license?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yes, once you become a resident of another state, you need their license/permit/permission. Your “Lifetime Indiana” goes “dormant” as far as I’ve been led to believe, when or if you move back to Indiana, you get with State Police licensing section and make it real again. Someone smarter than me should speak up if I am passing misinformation.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Okay, so 1 question is a for sure yes i need their license. With my Indiana license, do I need to change my address to the texas address?

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    My understanding is, as mentioned, you would need to get a residence license there. Good info on changing the address for the Indiana license... didn't know that. So if you were to move back to Indiana you could have it reactivated?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    My understanding is, as mentioned, you would need to get a residence license there. Good info on changing the address for the Indiana license... didn't know that. So if you were to move back to Indiana you could have it reactivated?
    Yes, with your new Indiana address.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Texas requires you to get a license in their state, as do most states because it makes them money. Indiana requires that you inform them of your new address, which can be done online. Your Indiana license is a lifetime license, there is no "deactivation" or "reactivation", it is simple accepted or not. I suppose if you moved somewhere that does not issue a license, the Indiana license would be considered by some states a "nonresident license" and they would either accept them or not.

https://www.usacarry.com/texas_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

Top Bottom