VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Philip Brailsford has been rehired by Mesa PD.
    I almost lost my s**t when I read that.

I regained my s**t, to a small extent, in reading that it was basically a scam to get his pension.

After murder acquittal, Mesa ex-cop Philip Brailsford made a pension deal

At least he's not back on the street, badge and gun in hand, murdering anyone else.

I wish his victim's family could take every penny of the $2569/month he's raking in.
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ghuns View Post
    I almost lost my s**t when I read that.

I regained my s**t, to a small extent, in reading that it was basically a scam to get his pension.

After murder acquittal, Mesa ex-cop Philip Brailsford made a pension deal

At least he's not back on the street, badge and gun in hand, murdering anyone else.

I wish his victim's family could take every penny of the $2569/month he's raking in.
    "If you reach for your waistband again, we're going to shoot you"

*reaches for his waistband*

*gets shot*

Am I missing something here? It was a good shoot. Brailsford didn't have the benefit of hindsight when he made the decision to shoot. With the information he had, and what he observed, you have to conclude that the shooting was justified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

Ark

User Info Menu

Execute an unarmed, sobbing man on his knees ----> get $2,500 a month for life because of your PTSD from executing him.

Man it must be wonderful to be a cop in Mesa.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Execute an unarmed, sobbing man on his knees ----> get $2,500 a month for life because of your PTSD from executing him.

Man it must be wonderful to be a cop in Mesa.
    Must be nice to conveniently ignore the furtive movements he was making, his non compliance, and his reaching for his waistband after being warned if he reached for his waistband he would be shot.

Tragedy, sure, but not murder.
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

I'm not in the camp that would call the deceased's movements "furtive". In fact, I don't think they fit that definition whatsoever. To my eye, the deceased's body language read like a scared to death drunk. The OODA Loop is a real thing and again, to MY eye, I saw someone who's pants were coming down as he was crawling and he was instinctively reaching down to adjust them. That adjustment was absolutely contrary to the officer's commands, but furtive they were not. Being drunk and scared, all the while having guns pointed at you and cops yelling at you is not a situation that very much of the population will ever experience. The deceased's body language spoke to me louder than did his actions. Again, I've only been doing this job like 5 minutes, but damn, there's a lot of information to process with even the most basic of human interactions.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

User Info Menu

This also isn't the first questionable encounter this officer had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPDZfZ4Skig

News report about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HEZm5em3dY
    Let that be my contrarian reply...

Ark

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Nervous View Post
    Must be nice to conveniently ignore the furtive movements he was making, his non compliance, and his reaching for his waistband after being warned if he reached for his waistband he would be shot.

Tragedy, sure, but not murder.
    There is something fundamentally broken in your head and in your soul if you can watch that video and conclude gunning him down on his knees with a rifle after screaming contradictory orders was justified.

He had him AT RIFLE POINT. There was no cause to shoot him for his hand drifting toward his falling-down shorts. There was no weapon present. He was attempting to comply with contradictory, unnecessary orders.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    There is something fundamentally broken in your head and in your soul if you can watch that video and conclude gunning him down on his knees with a rifle after screaming contradictory orders was justified.

He had him AT RIFLE POINT. There was no cause to shoot him for his hand drifting toward his falling-down shorts. There was no weapon present. He was attempting to comply with contradictory, unnecessary orders.
    We know there was no weapon present now. That information was not known by any of the responding officers. Look at the Castile shooting. If they tell you to stop reaching, you should go ahead and stop reaching. The officer doesn't know that you're pulling your pants up or reaching for your wallet.

If you have a rifle pointed at you, all the more reason to not reach for anything.

ATM

User Info Menu

I think most would agree that simple non-compliance would likely have saved Shaver's life whereas his failed attempts at complying somehow turned this into a "good shoot" for fired/rehired/retired officer Brailsford.

Simply laying down and refusing to move at all might have got him roughed up but probably not silly gamed to death as the video showed.

We all know the prize for playing silly games.

www.reveresriders.org

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast