Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Nervous View Post
    We know there was no weapon present now. That information was not known by any of the responding officers. Look at the Castile shooting. If they tell you to stop reaching, you should go ahead and stop reaching. The officer doesn't know that you're pulling your pants up or reaching for your wallet.

If you have a rifle pointed at you, all the more reason to not reach for anything.
    You're right, the more that I look at it now, it's the citizens who should have the nerves to look down the barrel of multiple loaded weapons while drunk and terrified and make completely reasonable decisions.

*huffs bag filled with own farts*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Anima mundi View Post
    You're right, the more that I look at it now, it's the citizens who should have the nerves to look down the barrel of multiple loaded weapons while drunk and terrified and make completely reasonable decisions.

*huffs bag filled with own farts*
    Hindsight is still 2020.

User Info Menu

What if your hands are putting a part on a car and come out at your waistband because the top of the grill is under your waistband?

Expert

User Info Menu

This is tough to watch I will agree. Iím not a LE guy and really have no desire. But, I think he could have given him another second or two before making the shoot decision. Now I know Iím going to get blasted here because I just said that with no academy experience and itís easy to Monday night quarterback.. but itís just my opinion. He knew he screwed up when he was rehired and begged for his pension then said he had PTSD. I see a guy who had a bad shoot.

User Info Menu

Very tough to watch. If that happened to my son...Ö..I'm going hunting for some bacon.
    I believe in "street" justice, we sure don't get it in the Court system.

In my mind this "officer" should be locked up right now for Murder.
    He sure as H*LL should not be receiving a pension paid for by the tax payers or anyone else for that matter.
    Test for Echo

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 223 Gunner View Post
    Very tough to watch. If that happened to my son...Ö..I'm going hunting for some bacon.

He sure as H*LL should not be receiving a pension paid for by the tax payers or anyone else for that matter.
    Lets go easy here OK. I get it. I really do.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I believe it was a good shoot, did what he was trained to do. But you can't teach common sense. We're not trained dogs. And some trainers know everything, so their minds are closed to how things can go wrong. Good training and some common sense would have went a long way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frenchiectfd2203 View Post
    This is tough to watch I will agree. Iím not a LE guy and really have no desire. But, I think he could have given him another second or two before making the shoot decision. Now I know Iím going to get blasted here because I just said that with no academy experience and itís easy to Monday night quarterback.. but itís just my opinion. He knew he screwed up when he was rehired and begged for his pension then said he had PTSD. I see a guy who had a bad shoot.
    A second or two? I can draw from concealment and put 3 shots on target in under 2 seconds.

The Sergeant on scene said, "If you reach behind you again, we're going to shoot you."

He reached behind his back. Brailsford shot him. They gave him more than enough chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 223 Gunner View Post

On what grounds is this murder? Everyone points out that Shaver was under massive amounts of stress. What about the officers, responding to a man with a rifle call, and their suspect is non compliant, and keeps reaching behind his back? They have to put their, and everyone else's safety, first.

Unfortunate outcome, but nowhere near criminal, and definitely not murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

ATM

User Info Menu

He just didn't seem capable of performing their nonsensical demands and was shot while trying.

You can try to justify it, but he got gamed to death.

www.reveresriders.org

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast