• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Being a runner and self-defense poses a lot of questions. Some chose alternative ways to carry a firearm. Many opt not to carry, so many seek an alternative for self-defense. For the gals who run, and the guys who have gals who run, this Go Guarded self-defense ring looks like an interesting, very affordable option.

https://goguarded.com

comm2679

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    East Central
    Interesting. I'd like to see more on their website covering different ways to employ it. I can't tell just by looking at it how natural of a maneuver it would be to use. Looks like it might take some practice. Might be a hazard in a fall as well. Cool idea though. I'd like to know how well that plastic cuts.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ...looks incredibly unnatural to use. You'd have to use some sort of finger curled knife hand strike to employ it. A natural fist would leave it pointing down. Any women who spent enough time to learn to use it could learn to use something a lot more effective. I'm not a knife guy, but a punch dagger or clinch pick would have to be better than this doo-dad.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Not sure about this one. It just looks like big fingernails.

If your main threat is dogs, it seems other tools like the "Fast Strike" might have some merit, if it's the garden-variety menacing kind as opposed to the trained, weaponized, hardened attack types. Thinking of situations where gunshots would be problematic, or windy times when pepper spray can bite you back. The possibility of shooting yourself in the leg/foot while you have teeth sunk into you, or placing your knife hand in bite-range could be problems this might solve.

But again, you get into issues of peoples' softness when it comes to any kind of "pet," saying you should have used pepper spray instead, etc., etc.

Long story short...you will still probably need a gun to save yourself from the owner.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ...looks incredibly unnatural to use. You'd have to use some sort of finger curled knife hand strike to employ it. A natural fist would leave it pointing down. Any women who spent enough time to learn to use it could learn to use something a lot more effective. I'm not a knife guy, but a punch dagger or clinch pick would have to be better than this doo-dad.

But.....there are color choices.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Didn't Cat woman in one of the movies have something like this ... just sayin' ... (or we'll call you wolverinette but you have to get them in adamantium). LOL

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A Surefire on a lanyard or Raven ring makes a great kubaton, even in the unlikely event an attacker would approach a blinding light.

Top Bottom